going to disney&uni again! Sep 2011

You have been one busy girl!! You deserve a nap.

While I've been doing all that, Robert recycled a bunch of boxes that he'd been saving for me (I had no idea why they were piling up, by the way) in case I wanted to sell more CDs. I finally complained and he explained that they were for me, LOL...he took them down to the bin and we got a nice bit of floor back. (that sounds hoard-y, but it's not that big of a space that was being taken up, but it was at sort of a corner so it's nice to not fear for your legs being cut by cardboard anymore)

He also continued working on his certification course (for some computer-related thing, I've lost track). Which I'm VERY glad for.

Ooh now he's seriously earning his keep....cleaning out a drain! Yay for him! (especially because it's MY hair that does it; I have quite a mane going on right now)

It definitely sounds like you have both been busy. You are so going to need this vacation when it gets here.

Molly, you are too. You have been working your rear off trying to make this a special trip for your family.

Aw, you're so sweet!

Now E is in on the working-hard act; he's got to finish off the rest of the summer brain-work by Sunday.

Called to request ground floor for auntie's sake, requested fridges for the rooms without fridges....paid Robert's apnea-related bills (thank you Flex Plan card)...jinkies!

Uh oh brain work can be the hardest. Poor guy! But I bet he is having a ball!!

Do they actually pay attention when you call and request those things? I often wonder. I think they do for me because I practically nag them.

You are a busy bee and now that you are in single digits I know the work load increases.

In December I was able to do online check-in, and that's where I requested the ground floor 2 bedroom...but they've done silly things now that make it impossible. I have 3 separate DVC reservations, or they SHOULD BE separate, but they put them all under the same number, and that makes it impossible to do online checkin. Grr.

And I don't know about the fridges, but I figured it can't hurt! I didn't do it at Universal last year, and they had a fridge available to bring up, but I wanted to try to make sure.

Oh geez why on earth did they put it all on the same number? That just makes more work for them too. That is crazy. Don't the Disney resort rooms all come with fridges? I know they come in all of the DLH rooms.

The Value hotels do not have fridges. you can request them, and unless you have an official need for them (in R's case, medication that needs to be kept cold, or in other peoples' cases...other medications, breastmilk, formula, extremely special diets, etc) they charge something like $15 per day. On the Budget Board you'll see "fridge swaps" for the Value resorts, so people can, if the swap works well, avoid the charges.

The Universal hotels, even though they are *fabulous*, do not have fridges and have a rental charge for them. Unless, again, there's a "medical" need for them.

While I look forward to the day that Robert's prolactinoma is gone AND he doesn't have to do his injections anymore, for now, I'm just glad they don't charge when you have a medication that needs to stay cold.

I'm glad they don't make you pay fo a fridge that you have to have. So many times they are all about charging you for every little thing.

I can't believe you only have 5 days left! I am sure this vacation will be great for your family. :cloud9:

I could really use a vacation myself, but sadly, it is not in the works at the moment! :sad2: Even though I have reservations at HoJo for Halloween, I am pretty sure I am going to have to let them go, unless something changes drastically.

Well I hope something changes drastically for you, then!

Owie, E and I had eye exams today (his first, he's fabulously 20/20 and perfect for his age). I totally forgot that they dilate eyes at my advanced age, and youch! Of course I'm stupid b/c I'm on the computer, which isn't helping things. My eyes got just barely worse, and I ordered a new pair of glasses which I think I'll really like. of course I won't get them until after this vacation, which makes me really hate my too-fashion-forward current frames (which I loved for nearly 10 years). Oh well!

Even though it's frustrating that we have a weekend before we travel, I'm looking forward to having Robert home as we wash and sort and pack everything, rather than our usual mad dash.

Shannon, I hope for a drastic change for you.

Molly, I love getting new glasses it so exciting. I think that a nice relaxed packing is so much easier, unfortunately I am always last minute packing.

Yes, I think it will be exciting to have new frames! I'm going back to tortoiseshell, which kind of makes me giggle (b/c that seems sooooooo early 90s to me, mainly b/c that's what I had back then), but it's subtle and the shape is nice.

Sigh...why do proper eye doctor offices take so dang long with their glasses?

Yeah, I'm starting to see the beauty of more than one pairs of glasses! I just bought sunglasses through 39dollarglasses (or something like that); they are the prescription of my current glasses, but like I said it just barely changed.

I have done NOTHING towards the trip in a couple days. Kinda weird.

Mine barely changes too. I found though with Kody because she is on the computer so much she is starting to have problems with becoming crosseyed again after it being cured years ago.

OH %^P{_)(&^%$%*%$$%.

" Unfortunately, the reservation you are looking for is no longer in our system."

The reservation = everything but the Value at the end.

A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa....ah ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Gimme a brown paper bag to breathe into for a wee bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter