• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gold pass exchange

Donna feetham

Earning My Ears
I have gold pass that has not yet been activate. I was able to make park reservations. My question is do I need to go to quest services to activate the pass or when i use them they will automaticlly activate.
Also any what benefits will I lose if it becomes a Scrcerer pass.
thanks

We had to go to Guest Services before we could get into Epcot when we had an inactivated Gold pass. They changed us to a Sorcerer pass and we were able to keep our photopass option. The dates that we are blocked from parks did change to the Sorcerer dates instead of the Gold dates.

I have gold pass that has not yet been activate. I was able to make park reservations. My question is do I need to go to quest services to activate the pass or when i use them they will automaticlly activate.
Also any what benefits will I lose if it becomes a Scrcerer pass.
thanks
You still need to go to guest services because all that you have right now is a Gold exchange certificate.

When you go, the CM will exchange your Gold certificate for a Sorcerer's pass with Photopass. Make sure that they add the Photopass because you're entitled to it.

The block out dates for a Sorcerer's pass are different than what they were for Gold passes. Make sure that you understand what days are now blocked out. IIRC, Easter was always blocked out for Gold passes but they weren't for Sorcerer's.

We found it easiest to do this at Guest Services. Took only a few minutes for both of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter