• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GOLD STAR POPCentury Fridge/Coffee Swap 2012 OPENINGS

Thank you jarvigw for the info - I've also heard from the swapper after me, DisneyMominMTL

I will try and keep an eye on the thread while we are there, just in case someone pops in and swaps before DisneyMominMTL.

Jarvigw has my info - I have DisneyMominMTL's

Looks like we are all set to take great care of the fridge!

Does the coffee pot use any filters? If so, what size?

We're very picky about coffee, there is no way we're drinking Disney coffee for 10 days!!

The coffee pot takes the standard flat bottom basket type filters about 6 inches in diameter. There were probably 4 or 5 filters there also. When we left there was about one pots worth of Dunkin Donuts coffee and one pot of Maxwell House.

Does the coffee pot use any filters? If so, what size?

We're very picky about coffee, there is no way we're drinking Disney coffee for 10 days!!

Just checked the fridge back into bell! They are wonderful and the fridge was awesome!

As we have a few days between swaps, I will post some pics and AB update when I get home :)

Heading down tomorrow :banana:

Will not have access to internet for a couple of days, but as soon as I do, will post an update on the fridge. I do have the next swapper's info.

Hi, is August 4th - 11th available still?

Thanks!

Whew! I was worrying to myself about the time period before my dates. 3 days of the fridge in luggage services is a lot less worrisome than nearly 2 weeks. I'll PM you all my info as soon as you're added to the list. :woohoo:

Whew! I was worrying to myself about the time period before my dates. 3 days of the fridge in luggage services is a lot less worrisome than nearly 2 weeks. I'll PM you all my info as soon as you're added to the list. :woohoo:

YEA! We are good to go. Hambro55 is officially added to the Aug swap.:wizard:

Hi Winterhart534!!

I too was worried about the gap. Glad to see it was filled. I am right behind you on the swap. I'll PM you soon to exchange info.

:welcome: Hambro55

Hi all!
We got the fridge without problem at check-in on the 7th. Bo, from Luggage Services, delivered and even took out the fridge from the box! He knew it was a fridge swap and he was really helpful. I tipped him, and he seemed genuinely happy about the tip.

I will be leaving the fridge in LS on the 16th in the afternoon for the next swapper (Goonie007). I will tape a plastic sleeve to the box so the next people can just put in the info and slip it in the sleeve.

No need for coffee filters, I will leave quite a few. There were some goodies left off by previous swappers that we didn't touch, aside from the coffee cups with lids for carry out. Great idea!! (We will use them all though...). Might leave some more stuff, we'll see what is left unused at the end of our trip.

We are having an amazing time. It's been raining a lot (more than I expected) but I find the heat and humidity more bearable than expected. It's crowded, but not as much as when we were here during the Christmas holidays!

just curious....whats a good tip amount to give LS for helping with Fridge???

I have used it a few times. Our fridge is one of the bigger models and fairly heavy. Generally if the LS Cast member brings is and dumps it I will give them $5.00. But when they offer to set it up for DD and I, then I usually up it to $10. So far every one has been very nice and helpful. (Even when the fridge tried to sneak away on a cruise). The CM's know about the swapping and have been great helping with this service whether in person or on the phone after reported loss.

I have used it a few times. Our fridge is one of the bigger models and fairly heavy. Generally if the LS Cast member brings is and dumps it I will give them $5.00. But when they offer to set it up for DD and I, then I usually up it to $10. So far every one has been very nice and helpful. (Even when the fridge tried to sneak away on a cruise). The CM's know about the swapping and have been great helping with this service whether in person or on the phone after reported loss.

Perfect, thank you so much for information

Hi all!
No need for coffee filters, I will leave quite a few. There were some goodies left off by previous swappers that we didn't touch, aside from the coffee cups with lids for carry out. Great idea!! (We will use them all though...). Might leave some more stuff, we'll see what is left unused at the end of our trip.

I will be sure to bring a package of "to go" cups. My DH uses these everyday so we almost always have a spare package in the house.

Hi I can't pm because I'm a newbie! I would like to be added to your swap! We are going to be there 10/5 thru 10/12. Is it possible to have the fridge until the 10th? Thanks!
Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter