Golden Mickeys Are Back!!

Hubby and I were just having brunch at PC and pulled the Navigators from the Dream and I'm happy to say that the Golden Mickeys are back! Thanks to everyone who gave DCL their feedback!!

That's why I love Disney, they listened and adjusted quickly. We are looking forward to GM next week if the schedule holds. Thanks for sharing mom2brooke76.

There seems to be more negative comments overall lately. Not sure if that is just a sign of the times with the Internet or if DCL has regressed a bit (maybe from excellent to very good?). We will be on the ship Friday, our first time on Dream and first DCL cruise since Fall 2014. I will report back if I noticed any changes for better or worse.

Can't wait, 2 Castaway Cay stops :)

Does anyone know if it's back for the 4-day cruises too?
I’m wondering this as well but I think there’s a strong chance that they’ll have it on the itinerary due to all the complaints. My 4-day is coming up soon and I look forward to seeing it for the first time.

And Beauty and the Beast, of course!

While I'm not crushed by this news, honestly, I was hoping they were training their staff for an upgraded show. Compared to Believe and Beauty and the Beast, the Golden Mickeys are a big step down in terms of creativity and fun.

While I'm not crushed by this news, honestly, I was hoping they were training their staff for an upgraded show. Compared to Believe and Beauty and the Beast, the Golden Mickeys are a big step down in terms of creativity and fun.
I "believe" the Golden Mickeys are on par with Believe...maybe even a little better.

I also love the Golden Mickeys, I don't care for Believe or Wishes on the Fantasy. I just hope this does mean they are done with the doubling up of shows and it's not just for this one cruise that they stopped it. My family plans on skipping the Wishes and Believe shows on our next Fantasy cruise, I hope we just have to skip 2 nights and not 4!

I also love the Golden Mickeys, I don't care for Believe or Wishes on the Fantasy. I just hope this does mean they are done with the doubling up of shows and it's not just for this one cruise that they stopped it. My family plans on skipping the Wishes and Believe shows on our next Fantasy cruise, I hope we just have to skip 2 nights and not 4!

Haven't seen Wishes yet, but will next year, but agree with you on Believe. I think the story line is awful. I do, however, adore the Princess and the Frog scene.

I "believe" the Golden Mickeys are on par with Believe...maybe even a little better.

Yeah. To each their own. The GM just felt slapped together to me. Believe's storyline was weak, but at least was there. Compared to Beauty and the Beast, neither one can even come close to comparing though. For the first two shows I felt myself saying "eh", but loved B&tB. My wife, to be fair, loved both the Golden Mickeys and Believe, so I am in no way saying that my opinion should be held by all, just how I felt about the shows.

Well, I personally miss the Hercules show..... :tilt: Loved that show. I love the Golden Mickeys too! And have seen it more times than I can count. :teeth: Toy Story was great on the Alaska cruise a few years ago. Not a fan of the Villains show though....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter