golf cart rental?

It depends how long I am renting a cart. Picking up a non-Disney cart has become a hassle since the rules were changed a couple of years ago. If I'm only renting for a few days, it is worth the 40% difference to not have to waste time going off site to pickup and dropoff. More then 4 days (or so), I'll get a cart from Kenny.

j

staying 3 days

So is the convenience of picking up a Disney cart at the Fort and dropping it off there worth about $100 extra expense or do you have the will and the means to drive off Disney property, get a vendor cart, pull it to the Fort, turn around and return the trailer and drive back to your site. You use the cart for 3 days then you drive out to meet and get the trailer, drive back to the Fort, load the cart, and then drive back to return the loaded trailer then head back to your site.

That's why Teamubr says the longer the rental (and savings), the more he is willing to do all the back-and-forth both at the start and end of an off-site rental. It's up to you where your cross-over point is.

Will you have a hitch on the back of your vehicle to pull the vendor trailer? You can ask what provisions the vendor has if you don't (they know everyone doesn't).

Me, in your situation, I would pay the $100 more instead of a vendor rental (if forced to pick one or the other). But in all my trips to the Fort, I've only rented a vendor cart twice and a Disney cart once (all when my elderly parents were there with our family on longer visits). I don't use it for me or DW on routine Fort trips.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

So far I've rented a Disney cart. Longest was 5 days, shortest was one day.

To add on what others have said. If you rent from an off site vendor and need to use their truck/trailer it takes about an hour round trip to leave The Fort, bring the cart back to The Fort, bring the truck/trailer back, and get back to The Fort. So you can cut that about in half if you have you own way of getting the cart. Also It's about an $ 8-10 lyfy/uber each way to the pickup/drop off point. So figure an additional $40 to the total cost of off site.

I have stayed at The Fort 3 times. First time for 6 nights, and 2 times for 9 nights. The 6 night trip we used internal bus transportation but the other two trips we rented a cart from Kenny.

As others have said for a short trip like yours, I would rent right from Disney. Disney carts are somewhere around $65 a night and I want to say Kenny is about $40 a night for short stays (he discounts for longer stays). So Figure Disney will be around $195 and Kenny will be $120 and if you need Uber/Lyfy you are talking $160. So it's only a $35 savings and you also get 2 more hours at The Fort or the Parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter