Golf Simulator Needs Golf Clubs?

Sarah1024

Mouseketeer
Hello.....I booked the golf simulator for my husband and son on The Fantasy. Would a 5 yo enjoy this? Do they need to bring their own clubs? Thanks!

Hello.....I booked the golf simulator for my husband and son on The Fantasy. Would a 5 yo enjoy this? Do they need to bring their own clubs? Thanks!
It is in fact a sports simulator, offering baseball, football, soccer, hockey and basketball in addition to golf. I believe a 5yo will prefer testing out the other sports instead of golf, but every child is different. Clubs are provided. While golf clubs may be brought onboard, they are to be kept inside the stateroom. I"' m not sure they would let you use them.

It is in fact a sports simulator, offering baseball, football, soccer, hockey and basketball in addition to golf. I believe a 5yo will prefer testing out the other sports instead of golf, but every child is different. Clubs are provided. While golf clubs may be brought onboard, they are to be kept inside the stateroom. I"' m not sure they would let you use them.
Thank you so much!!

On the Dream, the sports simulator is on one side of the room and the golf is on the other. We booked the golf one, if I recall it's a different price than the sports, and golf was the only option.

Clubs were provided, both adult and child sized. My husband is a golfer and said the provided clubs were fine for what it was (he would not use rental clubs when playing a real round).

My (then) two year old loved it so I bet your 5 year old would, too!

Was on the Fantasy last week. Would 100% not book the golf simulator again. It was a waste as the “clubs” provided were beat up and are mainly offset models, the simulator was misaligned and it wasn’t too much fun. I am a decent golfer and the yardage was consistently 50-60 yards shorter than what I play. Made it extremely frustrating versus a relaxing enjoyable activity. The other games on the other side of goofy a simulator looked more enjoyable, especially for kids.

On both Fantasy and Dream, the golf simulator is on the forward half of the room and the sports simulator is on the aft half of the room. However, the golf simulator can be used as a 2nd sports simulator. (But the official 'sports' simulator side cannot be a 2nd golf simulator.)

Just to address your original question, unless your 5 year old actually plays golf for real, I think he would get VERY frustrated trying to use the golf simulator. Just have them shift it to the sports simulator when they go and he'll have a blast kicking a soccer ball at Goofy being a goalie, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter