Good areas to live in Florida...

DisDiva2

Mouseketeer
Hello,
I was hoping I can get some opinions from FL residents here. We have recently moved here but are currently renting. We are looking at areas that we would like to buy in. We need to be relatively close to Tampa airport at least 45 min away. We also need good schools, I have 2 children in elementary school. Would love some opinions from the locals!
Appreciate it! :lovestruc

Okay after taking a wrong turn on the way to Cocoa Beach, I can tell you some of the places NOT to live especially if you come from the North....anyplace that has multiple Confederate Flags with lots of junk cars in the front yard and mobile homes NOT in a trailer park.

Check out Wesley Chapel, too. There are some good schools there. Look for neighborhoods that are in good school zones. You can compare them with the greatschools website.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa-bay/ is a great source of information.

I'm in Clearwater right up by Safety Harbor. Beautiful area and from what I hear good schools in the area. My children are grown so no first hand experience. But the upper part of Clearwater (Countryside area), Safety Harbor, Palm Harbor and Oldsmar are really nice and within the distance of the airport you want to be.

I live in a master planned community in Lithia and we love it. It is probably 50 mins from the airport (with no traffic) but well worth the extra time. All of the schools are 'A' rated and considered some of the best in the county.

http://www.fishhawkranch.com/

I'm in Clearwater right up by Safety Harbor. Beautiful area and from what I hear good schools in the area. My children are grown so no first hand experience. But the upper part of Clearwater (Countryside area), Safety Harbor, Palm Harbor and Oldsmar are really nice and within the distance of the airport you want to be.

Since we're practically neighbors, I have to second this. :thumbsup2 Northern Pinellas County is a great area. Great schools, good shopping, centrally located to Tampa and Clearwater Beach, family friendly, many activities.

Since we're practically neighbors, I have to second this. :thumbsup2 Northern Pinellas County is a great area. Great schools, good shopping, centrally located to Tampa and Clearwater Beach, family friendly, many activities.

Where abouts are you?

Our subdivision is on the Palm Harbor/Oldsmar border.

DH's aunt & uncle live in wesley chapel and LOVE it. they moved there from the cocoa beach area, after DH's uncle retired from NASA, and they rave about the community. if we were to consider moving to FL, it would be the first place we looked into.

wow! thanks for all the great info! I think I have narrowed it down to Wesley Chapel, Oldsmar or even Land O Lakes. I would prefer to be a little closer to the water. uhhhhhh Decisions!!!!

wow! thanks for all the great info! I think I have narrowed it down to Wesley Chapel, Oldsmar or even Land O Lakes. I would prefer to be a little closer to the water. uhhhhhh Decisions!!!!

I wouldn't mind going up to LOL or Wesley Chapel but my husband works in Largo so it's a little too far. Trinity is nice too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter