Good experiences with Disney Floral in-room delivery??

Justplainchy

Mouseketeer
So the Ladylove and I are honeymooning at Disney over spring break (18 days to go!), and I have ordered the rose petal set-up, champagne flutes and wishes sparkling grape juice (she doesn't drink) from Disney Floral to be delivered one night while we're in the parks (window between 6-8pm), hopefully as a nice surprise.

And then I read the yelp/google reviews for Disney Floral. Cue panic.

BUT, I know that people usually only review when they have a problem, so I'm turning to you guys for some hope/to tamp down some of the anxiety I'm feeling. It definitely won't ruin the week if this delivery is bungled, but I'd love it to be a nice surprise AND it wasn't exactly cheap...

Have you had a good experience with Disney Floral? Did you have something delivered that went perfectly? Any tips to help make it a smooth process? The confirmation email said to make sure the do not disturb sign isn't up, so I'll make sure to triple check that, but if you have any other advice I'm all ears!

So the Ladylove and I are honeymooning at Disney over spring break (18 days to go!), and I have ordered the rose petal set-up, champagne flutes and wishes sparkling grape juice (she doesn't drink) from Disney Floral to be delivered one night while we're in the parks (window between 6-8pm), hopefully as a nice surprise.

BUT, I know that people usually only review when they have a problem, so I'm turning to you guys for some hope/to tamp down some of the anxiety I'm feeling. It definitely won't ruin the week if this delivery is bungled, but I'd love it to be a nice surprise AND it wasn't exactly cheap...

Have you had a good experience with Disney Floral? Did you have something delivered that went perfectly? Any tips to help make it a smooth process? The confirmation email said to make sure the do not disturb sign isn't up, so I'll make sure to triple check that, but if you have any other advice I'm all ears!

Are you doing the full A Wish Come True package or just a custom order with rose petals and juice/glasses? If the full package, it is a lot of stuff to bring home with you so make sure you have suitcase room! Agree on the door sign, the only issue we once had is that we had our door tag (the new Peter Pan one that makes no sense) on the door, as we ended up needed to be in the room during the time my husband arranged for this due to unanticipated rain, and they had to call us from the lobby to ask us to remove it so they could come in, so don't leave your door tag up when you go. Ours went perfectly besides that, and I don't think my husband did anything but fill in the online form, and he had two packages delivered over two days.

Yes, every order I've placed (3 so far, from simple to rather elaborate) have gone off exactly as they were supposed to
I did nothing more than place the order using the online form, each time

Are you doing the full A Wish Come True package or just a custom order with rose petals and juice/glasses? If the full package, it is a lot of stuff to bring home with you so make sure you have suitcase room! Agree on the door sign, the only issue we once had is that we had our door tag (the new Peter Pan one that makes no sense) on the door, as we ended up needed to be in the room during the time my husband arranged for this due to unanticipated rain, and they had to call us from the lobby to ask us to remove it so they could come in, so don't leave your door tag up when you go. Ours went perfectly besides that, and I don't think my husband did anything but fill in the online form, and he had two packages delivered over two days.

No, it's just a custom delivery with just the petals and glasses and sparkling cider. And thank you for the tip about the extra(!) door sign. I'll keep an eye out for it. We have a dining reservation during the time it's supposed to be delivered so I'll just drag her out rain or not, ;). I'm glad your deliveries went well! Like I said, I figure it'll be fine, but reading a couple dozen horror stories sent me into a bit of a tizzy.

Yes, every order I've placed (3 so far, from simple to rather elaborate) have gone off exactly as they were supposed to
Ahhh, perfect! Thank you!! I figured this one wasn't too complicated (except I guess they'll have to spread the rose petals and hopefully we won't just end up with a dropped off bag) but knowing people had it go well really helps the nerves. I probably wouldn't be so nervous if it was any trip BUT our honeymoon!

Oh, congrats to the two of you, by the way. What a great place to have a honeymoon!

Thank you so much! We're so excited! This is take two: we were supposed to go on our Honeymoon June of 2018, but I broke my ankle ten days before we were supposed to leave. Come to think of it, that may also play into the IT SHOULD BE PERFECT THIS TIME mentality :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

No, it's just a custom delivery with just the petals and glasses and sparkling cider. And thank you for the tip about the extra(!) door sign. I'll keep an eye out for it. We have a dining reservation during the time it's supposed to be delivered so I'll just drag her out rain or not, ;). I'm glad your deliveries went well! Like I said, I figure it'll be fine, but reading a couple dozen horror stories sent me into a bit of a tizzy.

The flutes are really cute, so make sure you have a way to get them home safely if you want to keep them, and Congratulations!!!!!

My nieces husband did the exact same thing for her and it all worked out perfectly. The only little problem was making sure they weren't in the room when they came to set up. They had a diner reservation but it was pouring out and he had to practically drag her out of the room, lol. I have also used them on at least 4 different occasions and they all worked out just perfectly. On each one of these times I just filled out the on line order form for friends or family that were staying at Disney and they were all surprised and very pleased. As another person said make sure you have a little extra room in your suit cases to bring everything home with you. Hope you have a great time.

The flutes are really cute, so make sure you have a way to get them home safely if you want to keep them, and Congratulations!!!!!

Oh! That's a really good idea. We definitely will want to keep them, so I'll make sure to sneak in something to help carry them home. Thank you!!

My nieces husband did the exact same thing for her and it all worked out perfectly. The only little problem was making sure they weren't in the room when they came to set up. They had a diner reservation but it was pouring out and he had to practically drag her out of the room, lol. I have also used them on at least 4 different occasions and they all worked out just perfectly. On each one of these times I just filled out the on line order form for friends or family that were staying at Disney and they were all surprised and very pleased. As another person said make sure you have a little extra room in your suit cases to bring everything home with you. Hope you have a great time.

This makes me feel so much better, thank you! Yeah, I filled out the online form and have the receipt, so it should all go well! I appreciate you taking the time to soothe me. And yeah, I'll get her to our dinner reservation come hell or high water (or Florida rain!). Thankfully it's one she is looking forward to, so it shouldn't be too hard to convince her back out after an afternoon nap!

Oh! That's a really good idea. We definitely will want to keep them, so I'll make sure to sneak in something to help carry them home. Thank you!!
Maybe you can sneak in some bubble wrap flat in the bottom of your suitcase?

Maybe you can sneak in some bubble wrap flat in the bottom of your suitcase?

Yeah! Or maybe I can be an extra princess and demand I take a shoebox for some of my shoes (and then fill it with bubble wrap). Trying to think of something fragile I can insist we take with us that we wouldn't mind leaving....

Maybe I'll just neglect to bring a "personal item" on the way, and I'll just carry those by hand on the way back!

We've used Disney Floral three times. All three times Disney Floral was amazing at what they did! We had an issue with one delivery, but that was actually the resorts fault and NOT Disney Floral. I'm not sure how room additions/set ups work, but the gifts we had delivered those times are not actually brought to the room by Disney Floral. They are brought to your room by the resort cast members. So the issue we had once is that the resort (YC) misplaced the gift, couldn't find it and by the time they did is was almost 1am and could not be delivered until the next morning. Bummer since it was for my nephew's birthday that day. Disney Floral offered us a refund on the deliver charge since it was past a certain time, but I declined since it was not their fault.
All three gift baskets I've done with them were amazing! Expensive, but worth it. We try to customize one for each of the kids their first trips with all the items they will need on their trip (ears, autograph books, snacks) and have it delivered the first day. So far we've been very pleased.
Maybe let the resort know ahead of time that you are going to be receiving the delivery? I don't know if they can add it as a note to your reservation or not, but it might we worth a call to them. Give you a little more piece of mind.

BUT, I know that people usually only review when they have a problem
The only Google reviews i could find are the Yelp reviews.
I like numbers. One anf two star reviews = 54%.
Four and five star reviews = 46%.
Interestingly, no tyree star reviews. They all either loved or hated it.

we planned one for daughter and it was fabulous - DH planned one for me, and it was wonderful. never disappointed!

Don't know where you are staying but we brought home two AP wine glasses one trip and I went down to the gift store at WL and the kind lady helped me out with a box and tissue paper that fit into one of our suitcases. I offered to pay for it but it was late and she just gave me a little pixie dust for the way home. Mrs. Tigger wrapped the box in two beach towels we had bought for home. Made it safely home.

Maybe let the resort know ahead of time that you are going to be receiving the delivery? I don't know if they can add it as a note to your reservation or not, but it might we worth a call to them. Give you a little more piece of mind.

This is a great idea and I think you're right,

The only Google reviews i could find are the Yelp reviews.
I like numbers. One anf two star reviews = 54%.
Four and five star reviews = 46%.
Interestingly, no tyree star reviews. They all either loved or hated it.

Yeah, I think it was the 50/50 shot of it being wonderful or terrible that scared me, especially with some significant money on the line. :) And as I mentioned, I fully admit to being absurdly high-strung/anxious for this trip in particular to be lovely; since we're making up for a missed Honeymoon! Thankfully these good experiences here have really lowered that anxiety.

we planned one for daughter and it was fabulous - DH planned one for me, and it was wonderful. never disappointed!
Hooray! Thank you for sharing, I am definitely feeling more at ease now. One of those: it won't ruin anything if it doesn't go well, but I really, really want it to go right, you know? So glad it went wonderfully for you. Just going to think it'll go great for us, and expect the best! It is Disney, after all :) :)

Don't know where you are staying but we brought home two AP wine glasses one trip and I went down to the gift store at WL and the kind lady helped me out with a box and tissue paper that fit into one of our suitcases. I offered to pay for it but it was late and she just gave me a little pixie dust for the way home. Mrs. Tigger wrapped the box in two beach towels we had bought for home. Made it safely home.

Oh! That's good to know. We're at CSR, but they also have a gift shop, so hopefully they've got something that will help us package it there and my job will just be making sure there's room in the suitcase. Thank you!!!

We've used Disney Floral several times! The last time Oct 2018 for my daughter's 21st b'day. We had flowers and balloons delivered to CA Grill. We've never had a problem. We just order online and everything that we received has been wonderful! I would highly recommend them!

I’ve ordered several times .. flowers and food baskets, everything was Perfect!
Enjoy the Honeymoon!
Congrats to u both. Pixie Dust ur way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter