Good free wifi spot in Nassau near ship?

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
We have the usual stop in Nassau and like a free wifi spot close to the ship so we can up load our photos to Shutterfly. Anyone have a good spot they recommend? We only plan to visit Del Sol the color changing store and up loading photos during our Nassau stop.

I hear there's a Starbucks, and I've been meaning to Google it to see where it is (but I haven't yet ). Our carrier gives us free (slow, 2G) data service in the Bahamas. Either way, I'm guessing it will take a while and might be spotty to upload large digital photo files, though?

Tried out the Starbucks in June. Wifi was a bust imo. Wouldn't connect correctly and not the same as the ones in the states. We ended up at a pirate bar down the street. Their wifi was slow but worked. And it was a cool spot. We did walk past a dunkin. Not sure if they have free wifi

There's very limited free WiFi in Nassau.
Starbucks you have to pay for a code to use it.
There's a sushi/coffee place just opposite the port that has good WiFi, but if there's too many people using it and just buying one coffee each, they'll shut it off.
Sharkees usually has decent ish WiFi.
Nassau is probably one of the worst ports for free WiFi.

Okay here I am again bragging about my WiFi Hotspot, Skyroam, I bought it on Amazon, it worked in over 140 countries off their cellular network, you buy the day passes in bundles of 5 for $40 so it works out to $8 per day, the nice thing about it is, you just turn it on when you get into port and put it in your pocket or bag and just link it to your mobile device via WiFi and it gives you unlimited data for 24hrs, it has a rechargable battery (standard cell phone connector type so it will charge off any battery power bank). It's great for people who travel/cruise/fly to foreign countries, it doesn't have any cost when your day pass expires, no monthly fee, no service fee. Until you activate another day pass it won't cost you anything. It also will support up to 5 devices at the same time. Just to be clear this is for CELLULAR service only, it will not work while you're at sea, you will either have to find out if your cellular provider has a reciprocal service agreement with DCL for onboard data access or pay DCL's Connect @ Sea rates. I used it on the recent WBPC trip in April, and it worked in all ports we stopped at, Cozumel, Cartagena, through the Panama Canal, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo San Lucas. So check it out if you think it might be something you can use.

After listening to a couple of podcast episodes of Reply All where they were investigating how one of the host's Uber account got hacked and they traced it to him using WiFi at some place (where it was free or "free with purchase") in Nassau, I would be VERY skeptical of ANY WiFi service anywhere in the Bahamas or Caribbean. Even at places like Starbucks there is a good possibility it is a server masquerading as a Starbucks server. That was the ONLY place he had used WiFi on a non-known server (as in his secured server or his work secured server - and those were checked to verify that they hadn't been hacked which they hadn't).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter