• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good Golly! Guess what I did this morning?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
As I went thru the Sunday Toronto Sun travel section this morning looking to book my Niagara Falls Winter Festival of Lights hotel, I came across that new code for Canadians. The ad called to me, "Sandra! Sandra!" The voice was soft and sounded familiar. "Sandra! Sandra!" The voice got louder! I finally recognized the voice as Mickey Mouse! "Sandra, go get the phone ~ call me! call me!" So before I knew what was happening I was dialing WDW! I got rates for WDW resorts. I didn't book anything YET. Dh came in from his bike ride and heard me on the phone. He smiled ~ OHHHHH ~ he didn't say no! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder....................

Sandra, what rates were you quoted? I know AS is $79 for Feb-April. Just wondering about the other resorts.

I have 7 nights booked at Universal, but not sure if I can stand a trip to Orlando with NO disney! Now I'm wondering if I should squeeze a few nights in at Disney, and finish off the week at Universal, depending on rates available.

Sandra, I heard the voice also. I made the call and now have 2 rooms booked over Easter weekend at CBR. I am so excited. My room rate with tax included is $121 with the Canadian code. Now I need your help. My kids are older so I don't mind walking a wee bit to get to the main pool, and we are driving this year again so bus stops are not a problem, but I would like one of the refurbished rooms so I need your expertise on room selection. Thanks, Sherry

Hey there Sherry! Nice to hear from you! I called from POFQ 3 nights and WL (or AKL) 3 night, quoted $121 for POFQ and $190ish for WL and AKL! MAYBE!!!!!!!

CBR is awesome! We loved it there. Even while staying at CSR in April, we all missed CBR and wished we had stayed there again. At this point all the rooms have been redone. If I were to stay there again I would pick Jamaica buildings near the playground. You are close the the bridge to OPR, but out of the way of the crowds. We stayed right beside Jamaica in Aruba in 2001 because it was a newer room and it was lovely. OPR is probably my fav food court. You can see the Illuminations fireworks from all over CBR! HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!! We are thinking March Break! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm S

Thanks, I was thinking jamaica also. We are taking my DD's friend with us this year so we needed 2 rooms, but I cannot wait to see her face on this trip. Come join us.

We love it around Easter. Last couple years, we went 3 weeks after Easter. The weather is perfect. We are POOL PEOPLE so CBR was awesome! CSR has a nice pool, but that's it really. CBR has bigger rooms, drapes to separate the vanity area and two sinks ~ CSR was smaller, no drapes, one CLOGGED sink. The people at CBR were fabulous. The location is perfect too! We are driving next trip as well. That should be an adventure. I'll need your advice about that! S

Oh yeah! Sherry, what ticket are you buying this trip? S

I phoned CAA and the woman said the 7 day promotion tickets will be on sale shortly, so we are hoping to get that deal. I have been reading though that the deal is not the same this year, but we have our fingers crossed and just have to wait and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter