GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemon_master

<font color=peach>Everybody wants to be a Munchlax
Back from Work, now it's my lunchbreak. :)

Today is kinda special. Wanna know why?? :cool1: IT'S A MONTH TILL THE GOLDEN COMPASS COMES OUT!!!!!! :cool1: and :woohoo: Five Days till the Merchandise comes out!!!! :woohoo:. And it's official, :lmao:I NEED A LIFE!!!!!!:lmao:

You're welcome.:) Been there, done that, now on child #3 doing the same thing.;) Well, DS's situation is a LITTLE different. He's in an apartment/condo/flat instead of a dorm. And the college SORT of picked the roommate. He was referred to us.

Yep...my post count is a bit...well..:scared1: considering the time frame.:eek: I really don't talk too much in RL.:rotfl:

Aaah. Well at least that is one upside. I can go in my room and not care about anyone else but me and the DIS :lmao:

Wait for it.... Her nose will grow at any moment.. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Matt...:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Like Kathy said, you've all been thrown into this small area without really getting an opportunity to get to know each other first. Maybe he's got something else on his mind and you just happen to be on the receiving end of his glares? :confused3 I wouldn't worry too much about it...There are lots of people to be friends with and maybe this guy isn't one of them...Lots of fish in the sea!!

I hope so; it seems strange that we went from friends to enemies in a short span of time... :headache: :rolleyes:

OK, here we go, sad post. :sad:

I have suspected that one of my roomies hates me. I don't know why, but they always seem to be grumpy around me. Well, I have just made the situation a hell of a lot worse when I got myself locked out this morning... And HE answered the door......

:grouphug: Matt--Ditto what everyone else said. You throw people together for a large amount of time and their differences will pick at each other. Hopefully you'll adapt. My first roomate must've had serious issues with me, as I was a total slob. Like not a "dirty" slob, but like "huge pile of books, papers, etc" next to my bed slob. But my issue with her? Coming in at 2 when I had a 8am class, and random visitors (of the opposite sex) spending the night. But I just learned to pull my blanket up over my head.

:wave: Good Morning! My cats keep following me from room to room this morning, so I thought I'd cut them a break and sit in one place for a few. :cool2:

:hug: Awww. Don't let being locked out put you on a level below your roomie. Hold that chin up and remember that Matt is important too!!! :cheer2: College roomies can turn out to be not what you expected. DD even roomed with her best friend and went through bad times. Hang in there Matt! It's good that your film society has new doors for you to open and friends to find. It'll be better when you find your own group to at least hang out with......ones that share some of your interests. :grouphug:

Awwwwww. :lmao: :laughing:

Wow that's so strange! :scared1: And I hope so too. :)

I'm back for a sec because of something I just remembered.......
We got the mail right before leaving for DD's and DH had a notice from Superior Court..............jury duty.......not bad, until he read the fine print... a 3-4 week trial..........beginning on November 28th. :scared1: No decision to be made there, but lots of copies such as dd's wedding invitation, our ressie, plane tickets, etc. to send them in explanation of why he can't be on a jury. :headache: Is that good timing or what????? :confused3 :rotfl:

Ok, off to catch up with stuff at the house before playing chauffer...:wave2:

:grouphug: Matt--Ditto what everyone else said. You throw people together for a large amount of time and their differences will pick at each other. Hopefully you'll adapt. My first roomate must've had serious issues with me, as I was a total slob. Like not a "dirty" slob, but like "huge pile of books, papers, etc" next to my bed slob. But my issue with her? Coming in at 2 when I had a 8am class, and random visitors (of the opposite sex) spending the night. But I just learned to pull my blanket up over my head.

Awww. :hug: One of my flatmates is kinda like that. And she unlocks the door to the flat! :scared1: Though tbh, if I hadn't locked afterwards.... I wouldn't of had that thing this morning.. :upsidedow :lmao:

We got the mail right before leaving for DD's and DH had a notice from Superior Court..............jury duty.......not bad, until he read the fine print... a 3-4 week trial..........beginning on November 28th. :scared1: No decision to be made there, but lots of copies such as dd's wedding invitation, our ressie, plane tickets, etc. to send them in explanation of why he can't be on a jury. :headache: Is that good timing or what????? :confused3 :rotfl:

Ok, off to catch up with stuff at the house before playing chauffer...:wave2:

:lmao: :lmao: Useful or what! :thumbsup2

Awwwwww. :lmao: :laughing:

Wow that's so strange! :scared1: And I hope so too. :)
Matt, the best way to remember is that not everyone is going to like you. It's not a crisis......it's normal. :flower3: Just never feel that you are less important than they are.......and never let them think you feel that way. :grouphug:

:wave2: Ok, still sitting here and there's things to be done. Have a good day!

Got to go, again. My Real Lecture. :rotfl: See you guys later, thanks for the cheerful thoughts. :)

Since the focus of me will be gone, have a convo starter. Golden Compass is Evil: Discuss. :lmao: Perhaps at the film soc they will have people also obsessed with The Golden Compass too!!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: Then I Can have an army of followers.. ;) :lmao:

Matt, the best way to remember is that not everyone is going to like you. It's not a crisis......it's normal. :flower3: Just never feel that you are less important than they are.......and never let them think you feel that way. :grouphug:

Thanks again. :hug:

I am just sooooooooooooo useful lately. :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Of course.. :teeth: :lmao:

Oh and Nancy... pixiedust: for the new job and that it goes well.:thumbsup2

See now this is one of the reasons I have a high post count.;) I think of things after I hit submit.:rolleyes:

Good morning! I was falling asleep on the couch around 9 last night, so I went to bed. Then I woke up at 4:30 and tossed and turned and finally gave up and got up at 5:30! I don't remember a time-change ever affecting me this much! :crazy:
:yay: I'm excited for you!!!! :woohoo: We've always stayed at the airport hotel for our early flights like that. It's much easier to jump on one of their hotel to terminal shuttles at that hour. DH wanted to do it this time to.......and our flight isn't until 9:45am! I consider it 'pre-vacation'
We often do that, too, (especially if we're flying out of San Francisco or San Jose) but we're already taking an "extra" day by leaving Saturday instead of our originally-planned Sunday. I didn't want DH's parents to have to start their duties of kid-sitting any earlier than they had to. Besides, when it's half an hour to the airport, it's a toss-up whether it's quicker to stay in a hotel and take the shuttle (not much immediately around the Oakland airport) than it is to drive...

My old boss's daughter hiked that whole thing with a group. I can't remember how long it took them, but they camped the whole way. I had given her a lot of leftover travel soaps, etc. She had a blast, but I don't think I could do the whole thing like she did..........of course, she was in her 20's too. ;)
I had a friend who did the entire Appalachian Trail all the way up to Maine by himself when he was in college. It took a couple of months if I remember right. I always thought that sounded so fun!

Hi/bye everyone else. LONNNNNG day today with drama from unexpected Lacrosse-related places....nobody (especially not best friend's parent) messes with MY DS without hearing EXACTLY how I feel about it!!;)
I hope you let her/him have it real good, 3P!!!!:mad:

OK, here we go, sad post. :sad:

I have suspected that one of my roomies hates me. I don't know why, but they always seem to be grumpy around me. Well, I have just made the situation a hell of a lot worse when I got myself locked out this morning... And HE answered the door......

I feel stupid for the whole thing, and I also for the fact that he hated me to begin with. We used to be kinda close during week one, but now? Nada... Virtual Hugs would be nice at the moment.
Here's a hug from me, Matt. :hug: :hug: In some ways, it's better if your roomie isn't your best friend, because then you don't have to go through so much emotional upheaval, because you don't expect as much. I hope you guys can at least come to a peaceable state of some sort...

Good Morning...

I didn't get any packing done yesterday :sad2: , unless you count my bathroom bag that is always packed. I put it in my suitcase...I guess that counts as something. I took my sunglasses out of the car and brought them in and put them next to my suitcase :)

You're WAAAYYY ahead of ME!!! I'll pack on Friday sometime. DH will wait until I'm responsibly in bed so that I can get some sleep Friday night in order to get up at 4 am, and then HE'LL put the suitcase on the bed and ask tons of questions about what to bring.:mad: I've already "suggested" that he pack Thursday night, since his parents will be here Friday night, too, and he'll probably want to spend some time with them.

Never been to a Macaroni Grill...I think the closest one to us is in Albany, NY..Is it all pasta?

I LOVE Macaroni Grill!!! They have steak and chicken and fish and stuff, too, but they do have a lot of pasta. The menu is similar to places like Olive Garden, but I like the food better.

We got the mail right before leaving for DD's and DH had a notice from Superior Court..............jury duty.......not bad, until he read the fine print... a 3-4 week trial..........beginning on November 28th. :scared1: No decision to be made there, but lots of copies such as dd's wedding invitation, our ressie, plane tickets, etc. to send them in explanation of why he can't be on a jury. :headache: Is that good timing or what?????

In California, you can just ask for a 6 month delay, no questions asked. Can you do that there?

G
Since the focus of me will be gone, have a convo starter. Golden Compass is Evil: Discuss. :lmao: Perhaps at the film soc they will have people also obsessed with The Golden Compass too!!!!!! :lmao: Then I Can have an army of followers.. ;)
I saw the thread on the Community Board about this. Did you read it? As I've told you before, I enjoyed "The Golden Compass" very much. The second book was okay, but the third one really annoyed me. Pullman has a very atheistic agenda, which he doesn't hide at all. I got tired of it.

So, is the book evil? No. It's a book. If everyone agreed on everything, what fun would discussions be? But I understand why people may not have enjoyed the series by the end.

My concern, Matt, is that you not get TOO obsessed with anything that isn't real, at the expense of what IS real. (Does that make sense?) You should always spend time discussing with others what you read/watch/listen to in order to process it and put it in proper perspective.

DH and I went out and bought a new camera on Saturday, so that we'll be able to take some decent pictures while at WDW. I'm sure we'll have some camera battles. He likes to take TONS of pictures, and none very good (scientific mind, remember?) and I like to take just a few really interesting pictures.

One time when we were on vacation to the East Coast, I brought my 35 mm camera and he brought his digital one. He would follow me around and take the same pictures I was taking, because he knew I took better pictures!:lmao:

Kathy, I forgot to comment on your sound system problems from church yesterday! That seems to be a universal problem...

We have horrible sound issues all the time. We've actually had some consultants come and design a system for us, along with estimates of what it would cost to install, buy, etc. $65,000!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

So, at the moment, we're making do with what we have. :rolleyes1 But it is frustrating.

Yesterday, the sound guy called in sick, so we were scrambling right before the service to find another one to replace him. And it didn't help that people all got there earlier than usual because of the time change! I haven't seen that many people at first service in a long time!:)

Good timing on that jury duty Lynn! They'll just add his name back into the pile.:rolleyes: :faint:

What an Excuse to plan another vacation! :lmao:

See now this is one of the reasons I have a high post count.;) I think of things after I hit submit.:rolleyes:

:lmao: There is a thing called post editing you know.. ;) :teeth: :lmao:

Here's a hug from me, Matt. :hug: :hug: In some ways, it's better if your roomie isn't your best friend, because then you don't have to go through so much emotional upheaval, because you don't expect as much. I hope you guys can at least come to a peaceable state of some sort...

I saw the thread on the Community Board about this. Did you read it? As I've told you before, I enjoyed "The Golden Compass" very much. The second book was okay, but the third one really annoyed me. Pullman has a very atheistic agenda, which he doesn't hide at all. I got tired of it.

So, is the book evil? No. It's a book. If everyone agreed on everything, what fun would discussions be? But I understand why people may not have enjoyed the series by the end.

My concern, Matt, is that you not get TOO obsessed with anything that isn't real, at the expense of what IS real. (Does that make sense?) You should always spend time discussing with others what you read/watch/listen to in order to process it and put it in proper perspective.

I hope so too. :)

I saw the thread as well, I think it got closed or otherwise fell beneath view. Everyone got was saying the same thing on another cloned thread, lol. I didn't care for that, I thought it was just a neat story.. :)

Erm, it's a tad too late for that.. :rolleyes1 :lmao: I kid. I notice I get a bit obsesive at times.. But one day i'll move on to the next big thing.....

...When the Sequel comes out :lmao: :lmao: But yeah I'll be fine. :thumbsup2

DH and I went out and bought a new camera on Saturday, so that we'll be able to take some decent pictures while at WDW. I'm sure we'll have some camera battles. He likes to take TONS of pictures, and none very good (scientific mind, remember?) and I like to take just a few really interesting pictures.

One time when we were on vacation to the East Coast, I brought my 35 mm camera and he brought his digital one. He would follow me around and take the same pictures I was taking, because he knew I took better pictures!:lmao:

:lmao:

I've NEVER gotten jury duty. I think I'm on some list since I was a reporter.

I think the DIS clock is getting SLOWER! Its now 37 minutes behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter