• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good News about COVID-19

When life gets difficult I _______ .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DisneyAlum91

Earning My Ears
A virus can make you physically ill, just don't allow stress & anxiety to do the same thing. 🌈 :earsboy:

China has CLOSED all 16 temporary coronavirus hospitals in Wuhan. They don't have enough new cases to support them. (New York Post)

Doctors in India have successfully treated an Italian patient using Lopinavir, Ritonavir, Oseltamivir & Chloroquine. (Times of India)

10 researchers from Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam say they are the 1st in the world to discover an antibody capable of fending off an infection by COVID-19. The discovery could lead to an antiviral medication. (NL Times)

A 103 year old Chinese grandmother made a full recovery after being treated for six days in Wuhan, China. (Daily Mail UK, MSN)

Apple has reopened all 42 of its retail stores in China. (Business Insider)

Cleveland Clinic has developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.
(News 5 Cleveland)

The number of new cases in South Korea are declining. (NBC News)

One of the reasons Italy was hit so hard, experts say, is because they have the oldest population in Europe, and the 2nd oldest on earth (after Japan). (ABC news)

Multiple potential COVID-19 vaccines are currently in development and testing, with at least 3 in the US. (NBC News)

"The first 3 people to test positive for COVID-19 in Maryland have recovered and resumed their normal lives." All are above 50 years old. (Fox 5 D.C.)

A San Diego biotech company is developing a COVID-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University. (CBS 8 News)

Last edited:
Hello! I love a more positive post. I had just come on here to post that I have been watching Italy. And the numbers for the last few days for new cases have leveled off finally! I am really knocking on wood here. That is good news! Nothing in dropping b ut maybe it is slowing down. I still don't think just shut-downs are the answer. haven't the countrys that are recovering done huge spraying disinfecting during the shutdowns.

"United Biomedical in Colorado is now working with San Miguel County, which includes the famous Rocky Mountain ski destination, to test all 8,000 residents for COVID-19 antibodies -- making it the first community in the country to do widespread antibody testing.
"The goal of this is to show you can predictably get an entire county back to its new normal as quickly as possible by using testing," said Lou Reese, co-CEO of United Biomedical and its COVAXX subsidiary. "

"United Biomedical in Colorado is now working with San Miguel County, which includes the famous Rocky Mountain ski destination, to test all 8,000 residents for COVID-19 antibodies -- making it the first community in the country to do widespread antibody testing.
"The goal of this is to show you can predictably get an entire county back to its new normal as quickly as possible by using testing," said Lou Reese, co-CEO of United Biomedical and its COVAXX subsidiary. "

Testing everyone in a population is the surest way to know what’s going on. If you read further into this program, they still have a challenge to get samples from every individual in the town of ~8,000. And they have to do it all twice. So, imagine the logistics challenge of testing everyone whether its for antibodies or RNA in a metro with over 1 million+. Hopefully they can somehow manage the logistics portion. It’s been proven in Italy that this method works, so wish this town the best.

BTW, don’t want to bust any bubbles, but an approved vaccine in the US won’t happen until earliest next year even if there’s a thousand developments across the country going on.

Thank you OP!!!

We need positivity. Ignore the negative posts on this thread.

Being positive doesn't mean you have your head in the sand. It just means you choose to confront this issue in a different way than those who focus on the negative.

I plan to try and not participate in the negativity henceforth.

Thank you OP!!!

We need positivity. Ignore the negative posts on this thread.

Being positive doesn't mean you have your head in the sand. It just means you choose to confront this issue in a different way than those who focus on the negative.

I plan to try and not participate in the negativity henceforth.
Amen! We have had enough negativity on these boards and I hope those that only want to perpetuate it and burst other people's bubbles refrain from commenting here! All we have is hope right now, please don't take that away.

Yeah, that was my favorite musical as well. I listened to the album on my record player over and over and can sing it word for word. Boy do I wish I could go back to those days.
:hug: (yep I'm one of those people)

Ok, sorry to be the grammar police, but can you clarify what you mean by loose it? What are we supposed to let loose? Cows? Our emotions? Or did you mean lose it? :-)

Oh my, Sound of Music, my favorite, and nothing with as much hope as that story! We recently had our grandkids watch it with us, they loved it. It is timeless. We have the soundtrack too and were listening to it in the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter