Good news -- Sebastian Inlet jetty

jjcollins

DIS Veteran
At the Sebastian Inlet State Park, the jetty is back open. The state closed the popular Brevard County fishing spot for repairs more than two years ago.

Now, after a three million dollar refurbishment, the jetty is once again drawing a crowd.

Close to 45 feet was added to the jetty that stretches out into the Atlantic Ocean at the southern end of Brevard County.

On Wednesday, park rangers plan to hold a reopening ceremony dedicating the new jetty.

I love it there

BIGSEBWAV1.GIF

jj....... :)

Thanks for the good news posting JJ. I don't fish myself, but this is just a short walk from the hotel at Vero and I've been close to this a couple of times.

Tried it once with my brother inlaw never again - we hired rods and bought some bait from the small shop . I ended up caught in the rocks more times that enough. Rab caught pelican :eek: as he was casting it fancied the bait LOL and we ended up having to cut the line.

Great place just to take a strole or a picnic

jj....... :eek:

Great news, thanks JJ! :)

I've never been to Vero, but hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a couple of days next year...t'is the plan anyhow. I'll be sure to visit the Jetty now for a peek if I do :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter