Good picture spots

Bryn

Earning My Ears
I'd like to gather a list of great spots to take pictures of the family in the parks. I know that there are designated spots but I'd like some more unusual ones.

Any advice is much appreciated !!

we had a CM take a picture of our family sitting in a teacup. I loved it.
I also have a picture of DH and one DS in a group of snowmen at MGM.

Thanks Super Mom.
I never even thought of asking a CM to take a picture on a ride. I wonder if you can do that on most rides? I usually end up being in very few vacation pictures because I'm the photographer. I bet servers in the restaurants could take pix too.

Any other ideas ?

There are a lot of designated spots but just keep your eyes open and you'll find all sorts of exciting shots. My favorite in the Magic Kingdom is Cinderella's castle - if you walk to the left towards Tomorrowland, you'll see a walkway off to your left (rose garden) that goes down towards the moat. There's a pavillion at the foot of the walkway - about halfway down this path is an excellent spot for a morning/early afternoon shot. It's also a great spot for watching the fireworks at night!

My all-time favorite is the statue of Walt and Mickey at the end of Main Street and in front of the castle - Best time is when the park first opens. I've sprinted from the entry turnstiles to get the best shot - no one around or behind the statue - and the castle is the perfect backdrop.

In EPCOT, a shot of the fountain of nations with Spaceship Earth behind it is always beautiful (especially if you catch the water in flight).

Keep an eye out for the posted Kodak spots - they are good photo ops. If you plan on returning in the future, find "your spot" and then take a picture there each time you return - makes for a great time line (especially as kids get older).

Mark

There are alot of spots in the parks that have signs that have a person holding a camera on them. They also ahve these spots designated on the maps if you would like to do it that way. Or when ever you see something interesting that you would like to take picture in front of just ask a cm to take your picture.

I hadn't thought about this but DH doesn't want to "bother" CMs to take our picture more than once or twice. I would think that it's part of their job, right?

Don't forget shots of the resort/rooms. The ASMu has Ariel statue at the piano pool (quiet pool). One of the best pictures of our last trip was my daughter in her bathing suit sitting on the "rock" next to Ariel and Flounder.

I also would suggest taking pictures of the face to capture the reaction to a ride or a charecter. I've even been known for taking a shot in the monorail at slow times. I'll sit opposite of my family and they are relaxed and leaning on each other, tired from a day at the parks. This is really a great shot for any scrapbooker.
Gerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter