• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good pizza

TommyTutone

Mouseketeer
Sal's Market Deli at Portofino in Universal I think is where we had a really good pie (compared to most Orlando pies). The brick oven got the crust cooked perfectly. We had a regular margharita pizza and although I don't recall them using fresh whole basil leaves like I use on the ones I make at home on my own brick oven, I recall it being good enough to be worthy of a revisit.

Off property - There is a Giordanos not too far from Disney property which serves Chicago deep dish style pizza. Very good!

I agree about Sal's at Universal. I thought it was outstanding.

Couldn't agree more about the Pizza Planet, Pizzafari- those types of pizzas.

I really love BBQ chicken pizza at Wolfgangs (even if you podcast guys don't consider it real pizza).

California Grill's flatbread "pizza" is wonderful as are the wood-fire oven baked pizzas at Momma Melrose's.

How is the room service Pizza at the resorts? I have never tried it.

Well not exactly room service but the pizza at Pop Century and All Star Sports was actually pretty good but my expectation was essentially at Domino's level. And I was too tired to deal with getting real food and it was too late at night and it was convenient.

oops ... hit submit twice..

Well not exactly room service but the pizza at Pop Century and All Star Sports was actually pretty good but my expectation was essentially at Domino's level. And I was too tired to deal with getting real food and it was too late at night and it was convenient.

We have always enjoyed the pizza on the boardwalk- however this could be influenced by the sangria!

Contrary to popular opinion - we have always liked the pizza at pizza planet. Granted, it's not a destination meal, but it's pretty tasty for theme park pizza. I think it's the same iteration as those mass produced pies at Pizzafarri over in AK. Again, nothing gourmet or "authentic" but it's a nice break from the burgers and fries routine.

We have always enjoyed the pizza on the boardwalk- however this could be influenced by the sangria!
:drinking1

Forgot about the sangria -- was quite happy the day I found out they served that to go...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter