Good Plan in Place - Looking for Advice on a Few Character Meets

Williams5

Earning My Ears
I'm an engineer by trade and the planning in advance that Disney allows for is a major source of joy for myself and the kids. We have a solid plan in place I think. I do have Epcot on more crowded days, but I think we can deal due to having all the rides fast passed. We locked down all the FP+ we wanted and we have Royal Table, BoG and Chef Mickey's down for reservations.

My middle son is a huge Jack Skellington fan - I see on one website that he is at the Halloween Party near the back of the park past Dumbo and I see on another site that he's near the front of the park. I already see a few comments about this being an extremely long line. Does anyone have any information and or advice on the easiest way to get this guy in?

Another thing is we have one Hollywood Studios Day. I am extremely dissappointed that the Jedi Training is on hiatus - but we do have TSMM FP+. Do we need to hit the park at rope drop to get RnR in easily? Or is the line not like it used to be (10/16 is our HS date). I listen to just about all of the WDW podcasts and I hear that many people are starting to not even bother with this park now.

Lastly - my youngest son is lobbying to see Peter Pan, it appears he is listed on the park's website with specific times and locations - are those reliable?

Thanks in advance!

Kenny the Pirate updated his Halloween party info on 9/11/15, so I'd trust his info. http://www.kennythepirate.com/2012/09/13/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-characters/ His map shows Jack Skellington at the back of the park. He also mentions that lines start forming early for that one (like 5:30 early) so keep that in mind.

Actually, that site is probably your best bet for all things character related, so take some time to check that out since characters seem important.

Sorry, can't answer your question about RnR, but hopefully someone else will chime in!

My middle son is a huge Jack Skellington fan - I see on one website that he is at the Halloween Party near the back of the park past Dumbo and I see on another site that he's near the front of the park. I already see a few comments about this being an extremely long line. Does anyone have any information and or advice on the easiest way to get this guy in?

Kenny the Pirates website is pretty accurate when it comes to meeting the characters. Looking at his map, Jack and Sally are near the Fantasyland train station. According to Kenny, lines also form to meet them as early as 5.30. I've not been myself but I've heard lines for this can be enormous so I would get there with plenty of time.

Another thing is we have one Hollywood Studios Day. I am extremely dissappointed that the Jedi Training is on hiatus - but we do have TSMM FP+. Do we need to hit the park at rope drop to get RnR in easily? Or is the line not like it used to be (10/16 is our HS date). I listen to just about all of the WDW podcasts and I hear that many people are starting to not even bother with this park now!

I've been to HS 3 times after all of the closures and I do find that I need to spend less time there than at the other parks. I suppose it depends on the age and interest of your child, but I do find that I'm usually done with HS by 3pm at the latest.

I would recommend that you arrive early for RnR. Regardless of closures, a good rule of thumb is to try not to arrive at the parks the same time as everyone else (somewhere between 10am and 12pm) Not only will you not have big lines for RnR or ToT but it also means that if you want to ride any of the feature attractions more than once- chances are that you'll be able to do this no problem in the first few hours after park opening. Its well worth it.

x
Dora

PS: In my experience Peter Pan can be a bit tricky to track down and I've known him not to make an appearance at times I thought he'd be there. Though on my visit 3 weeks ago he was consistently out so I'm not sure if they've solidified his schedule a bit. Best to try and catch him in the morning and check back throughout the day if he's not there initially.

I'm an engineer by trade and the planning in advance that Disney allows for is a major source of joy for myself and the kids. We have a solid plan in place I think. I do have Epcot on more crowded days, but I think we can deal due to having all the rides fast passed. We locked down all the FP+ we wanted and we have Royal Table, BoG and Chef Mickey's down for reservations.

Another thing is we have one Hollywood Studios Day. I am extremely dissappointed that the Jedi Training is on hiatus - but we do have TSMM FP+. Do we need to hit the park at rope drop to get RnR in easily? Or is the line not like it used to be (10/16 is our HS date). I listen to just about all of the WDW podcasts and I hear that many people are starting to not even bother with this park now.

Lastly - my youngest son is lobbying to see Peter Pan, it appears he is listed on the park's website with specific times and locations - are those reliable?

Thanks in advance!

Peter Pan is also on the Pirate and Pals cruise at night.

I would definitely be there at rope drop and go to RnR first if you want to ride that. We generally go straight to TSMM first and do that and then to RnR and haven't had a very long wait. Then we do TSMM again later in the day with our prebooked FP. The lines for RnR are still long but they do have single rider.

Just as an FYI, I have been reading through the "Official MNSSHP" thread, and it seems that Jack and Sally come out early regularly now so I would plan to be in line earlier than 5:30 as it seems they come out around 5. The last 10 or so pages of that thread should have all that information.

Just as an FYI, I have been reading through the "Official MNSSHP" thread, and it seems that Jack and Sally come out early regularly now so I would plan to be in line earlier than 5:30 as it seems they come out around 5. The last 10 or so pages of that thread should have all that information.

All over it - thanks.

Also, thanks to all the advice! I'm excited I think we have this one covered. We were there last time 2 years ago and we stayed at Fort Wilderness when FP+ was just rolling out - our resort didn't have the option yet and most of the rest of WDW did - so the trip was difficult as we had to miss a lot of the stuff the kids wanted to do. I've been working hard on this one since May!

Thanks in advance!
Kenny the Pirate is an awesome website to keep you up to date. We use him each trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter