Good rate with Budget Car rental with AARP discount code

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
I was able to book a week for 217.00 {with taxes} for an Intermediate using the AARP code for Feb 6th. This is the best rate i have seen in along time.

Costcotravel.com has had the best rental rates w/o needing codes. You can price check the site w/o being a member.

Are you able to book with out belonging to Costco? We do not have them in our area. It's Sams and BJs where we live.

O, you must be a Costco member to book. Depending on what you save, the membership fee might be worth it. I know I’ve saved my membership fee many times over.

A quick note on renting from Budget, which I've done for probably 3/4 of my MCO rentals over the past few years as their prices were normally the best for on-site companies (I'm not willing to try the off-site companies). In November I rented a minivan and filled up the gas for the turn-in on the way to the airport (about 15 miles from airport) and when I turned it in the gas still showed above full (I had the receipt for the fueling in my pocket, attendant never asked for it), but about an hour after I turned it in I got an updated invoice in my email for an additional 0.9 gallons of fuel for a cost of an extra $9. That's certainly not a huge amount of money but I didn't like that they nickel-n-dimed me like that, but maybe that's the new procedure in Covid times to watch every single dollar possible. I've since canx my January rental with Budget and using a different company, but for those who choose to use Budget (or perhaps other companies these days) to be sure to confirm with the attendant when you check the car back in that they agree that it's FULL of fuel and they aren't going to tack on a few bucks once you're inside the airport and sitting at the departure gate.

Added - I also canx/rebooked other Budget rentals later in 2021 that I already had planned (hope you're happy with the $9 Budget, I canx the next 3 rentals with you), and found that where Hertz used to be $50-75 higher than other companies at MCO I now found that they were $20-30 under (maybe due to bankruptcy declaration who knows) at least with the cars/dates I booked, so you may want to check them again if you've written them off previously.

gas_nov.png

Last edited:

Interesting. I just returned a car at National at MCO. In my email receipt was a charge for $0.33 for fuel. I filled up about 14 miles away from the airport. I guess they managed to squeeze a tiny bit of gas in..... this is the first time I ever had this type of charge. I almost did not top the gas off because the electronic sensor did read as full. I topped it off at about $3 worth of fuel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter