Good reference book for DL and DCA

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
Of the books that are available for DL and DCA, which is the best? I know there is the "official" book, but is any of the others any better?

How about one that would cover the all of the Anaheim attractions and another for San Diego (if one in the same, even better!)

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

The two books that I bought and LOVE are Birnbaums 2005 Disneyland Resort Guide and Disneyland and Southern California with Kids (7th Edition).

The latter has great tips about travelling with kids and covers tons of attractions, not just Disneyland.

HTH
Lisa

MBsTia said:
The two books that I bought and LOVE are Birnbaums 2005 Disneyland Resort Guide and Disneyland and Southern California with Kids (7th Edition).

The latter has great tips about travelling with kids and covers tons of attractions, not just Disneyland.

HTH
Lisa
Thanks... I'll check them out.

----Paul in Southern NJ

My favorite is the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland. It's published every year and it covers more than Disney.

Carmen
:mickeybar

Another vote for the Unofficial. Some object to it because it can be a bit negative at times - but the people involved genuinely love Disney and just want to make sure those reading get the best out of their holiday by telling it like it is.

It contains great reviews of rides, advice on how suitable they are for different age groups, tips on when to queue, plans for doing the parks in a day or two and everything else you need to know. We foud it extremely helpful.

It also contains detailed advice on Universal Studios.

I like both the Birnbaums and the Unofficial Guide. Birnbaums has better pics and things like that, but the Unofficial Guide has good tips.

I always like the Birnbaums guides and have used the Unofficial Guide in the past, though I am not a big fan of it. I have the 2005 Econoguide for Disneyland and Universal, and I am really enjoying it. It also has sections on Knott's, Magic Mountain, SeaWorld and the SD Zoo, as well as other attractions around LA.

was right on target. It has a more objective viewpoint about rides. I found that the things they warned about where right on target! If you are a troubleshooter by nature, buy it. :magnify: It helped me know what to anticipate. I really think a big part of the success of our trip is owed to the folks behind it.

When I went to Disney the first time I didn't have the great time I hoped for. This was partially due to the fact that it was back in the old "E" ticket days. I was traveling with my high school and didn't have money to do much...plus it rained the whole day. But, mostly, it was because I didn't have a plan. To my memory, the entire day consisted of one ride on Space Mountain, one on Splash Mountain, one on The Haunted Mansion, one on Small World, one on the carousel...and watching a Willie Aames concert and a Peaches and Herb concert. Now, I dunno know about you, but I want to get more than that out of a Disney day. I spent most of the time trying to figure out the map and find my way around. I also had NO ride stratagy, so I spent nearly the whole afternoon standing in line for the two big rides!

I'm a great time waster on the average day, but when I'm on vacation I want to be entertained every second! :rotfl: The Unofficial Guides are written for my kind of people. I don't care if I don't eat or piddle all day long, just get me on those rides and into those shows :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter