Good spot to watch Wishes with ECV's? How early to arrive?

jennymouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/"targe
Leaving soon with my father, aunt & uncle who'll all be on ECV's. Our plans look good as far as transportation issues and the like. We've decided to brave MK one night for Wishes. Eating dinner at Calif Grill at 5:30, Wishes at 7, so I know that doesn't leave much time. Any suggestions for a good spot to go? I'm thinking since it's February and Wishes is showing every night with Spectro included other nights AND Epcot's EMH is that night it may not be that crowded. Probably wishfull thinking. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Hello Jennymouse:

Do you mean the fireworks?? Near the carrousel behind the castle in fantasyland.

The parade a good spot for the ecv's is near the area where splash mountain. We did this , this past summer and got there a good 45 minutes..

enjoy my dad loves the ecv's and so do I (Iwalk) :love:

If you are going to be at CG at 5:30 and Wishes is at 7:00, your best bet is eat slowly. At the time for the firewroks, if you are not close to a windo you can go out onto the observation dexk and see the entire MK with wishes going on. The only downside is that I understand they no longer pipe the music and narration for Wishes into the CG.

Cheshire Figment said:
If you are going to be at CG at 5:30 and Wishes is at 7:00, your best bet is eat slowly. At the time for the firewroks, if you are not close to a windo you can go out onto the observation dexk and see the entire MK with wishes going on. The only downside is that I understand they no longer pipe the music and narration for Wishes into the CG.
That sounds like a good plan.
If you got seated right at 5:30, orders taken and served right away, ate fast and then went to the park quickly, the very earliest I think you would get there would be 6:30. At that point, it would be hard making your way down Main Street unless it was really, really quiet.

Thanks for the replies. I think we'll be too short of time as well. I talked to Dad and we don't want to rush dinner so I think we'll just watch them from the CG. I know you miss alot by watching from there, but it'll be worth it not to deal with rushing and crowds.

this won't help you, since you'll be at CR instead of MK, but we thought our spot on the terrace at the plaza restaurant was a great place to watch wishes last week. it's closed, but we brought counter service food over to a table for DD to eat. no one can stand in front of your ecv, the angle of the view is great, and tinker bell flies overhead (very cool).

we also caught the fireworks from big thunder mountain and indy speedway areas on two other nights, and didn't realize until then that the different types of fireworks are set off at different locations. looking from BTMRR if looked like two distinct areas of fireworks. also, the blue stars with the white inside didn't look like stars at all. i really liked the view from the plaza restaurant, plus you can come out on main street past a good chunk of the crowd. hepful, since it's not easy to drive an ecv in the mass exodus, especially while keeping track of a child!

dj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter