Goodbye RCI

I just posted same on the Member Services board. I'm happy about it - in general, we find the Marriott resorts and others that trade in II to be nicer than the DVC resorts. I'm looking forward to accessing the directory of resorts we can use our points for (e.g. I doubt they'll let us use points for Marriott Ko Olina down the street from Aulani) and what the points costs are.

I just posted same on the Member Services board. I'm happy about it - in general, we find the Marriott resorts and others that trade in II to be nicer than the DVC resorts. I'm looking forward to accessing the directory of resorts we can use our points for (e.g. I doubt they'll let us use points for Marriott Ko Olina down the street from Aulani) and what the points costs are.
The Marriott relationship was what caught my eye...

Good thing I just bought a property that trades in II. A week in a DVC 1 bedroom for an exchange fee and some points is a pretty good deal.

@Sandisw, there are parallel threads going here and on Member Services board. Do you want to close one down and consolidate discussion to the other?

Having recently sat through a sales pitch at the Sheraton Vistana Village Resort, I was somewhat interested in their last-minute getaway deals, which appeared to be absurdly cheap rates booked <60 days in advance.

Overall, it seems like a shift from the Wyndham-related brands to the Marriott/Hyatt-related brands. Feels like an upgrade to me?

Can't wait to find out more!

I will say, I am liking this change/news. I mainly trade thru II, not RCI. DVC was with II before switching to RCI.

That leave HGVC as the big brand name timeshare system left in RCI, and makes it easier to drop my RCI membership since I already own HGVC as well.

Great3

I am a novice here. Can points be used for hotels or just resorts? How do points relate to DVC points for booking?

I've traded into DVC with RCI Points, and RCI never seemed like a good fit. You will like Interval much, much better.

I still think that exchanging should be a last resort since you are almost always better off renting your points. The lone exception would have been during COVID.

When I 1st joined it was II and lots of complaints changing to RCI.

I have never exchanged but some nice Marriot properties for sure.

if only they would go back to the Orignal dining plan with appetizer , entree, dessert and Tips included:p

The Concierge Collection allows using DVC points for stays at a number of hotel options.

The previous iterations of RCI and II offered week long exchanges for both incoming DVC reservations and outgoing options for DVC Members.

Hopefully we will have some information soon about how the program will function starting in 2022.

In practice the last several years the RCI options for trading in have very rarely been anything but full weeks in 1BRs at SSR. Curious if that changes, but I assume it won’t (and if it does it will be 1BRs at OKW).

Here’s hoping II can be understood without the secret code hidden on the back of the Declaration of Independence.

It will be interesting to see the points charts for DVC members when exchanging into II. Does anyone have any of the old ones? Or happen to remember them off the top of your head? I am guessing it was a fixed number of points for a unit size.

I think there are a number of options that wouldn't quite feel like a complete waste of points.

I own Hyatt and Marriott and there are a number of resorts that DVC members would really enjoy...but again, in a lot of cases you are probably better off renting your points and renting from an owner.

It's cleaner to try and exchange though.

In practice the last several years the RCI options for trading in have very rarely been anything but full weeks in 1BRs at SSR. Curious if that changes, but I assume it won’t (and if it does it will be 1BRs at OKW).

Here’s hoping II can be understood without the secret code hidden on the back of the Declaration of Independence.
You'll still need Ben Franklin's special glasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter