Goodbye RCI

What’s showing only 21 results? The II directory can be accessed through the DVC member website now, and it contains a lot more than 21 listings. Last time I looked it was under Destinations; I don’t know if anything II related is showing under Plan a Vacation yet.
Ooops, my bad! It came up when I looked at Destinations/Concierge Collection. Of course it did, right? Thanks for responding. I went back and looked at Destinations/Interval International and got ... Interval International. Eager to look through it!

Hi, I was looking at these new exchanges and having problems. It keeps telling me I need to call DVC and have points moved over to the exchange. I can look at the resorts, but no matter which one I select or what dates, it tells me there is no availability, for 2 years! Do I have to move points before I can even see availability, or is there seldom or never availability? I was specifically looking at Puerto Rico, any and all options.

Hi, I was looking at these new exchanges and having problems. It keeps telling me I need to call DVC and have points moved over to the exchange. I can look at the resorts, but no matter which one I select or what dates, it tells me there is no availability, for 2 years! Do I have to move points before I can even see availability, or is there seldom or never availability? I was specifically looking at Puerto Rico, any and all options.
I'm not sure on your question.

However, the Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar is your best option in Puerto Rico. It isn't always available but it does come up pretty regularly.

Your best option is to put in an Exchange Request, where you select which dates work best for you and as the inventory comes available it will match.

Since they typically just deposit 2 bedrooms at the Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar, you'd be looking at around 300 points.

I can look at the resorts, but no matter which one I select or what dates, it tells me there is no availability, for 2 years! Do I have to move points before I can even see availability, or is there seldom or never availability?
Booking an exchange is very different from reserving a points-based timeshare like DVC. For a points-based timeshare, the booking process works like a hotel: all of the timeshare inventory starts out "open" and available for booking, and it is taken first-come first-served.

For an exchange, all of the inventory starts out reserved by someone else---the owner of that time. As owners decide to participate in exchange, they deposit their owned time and exchange into something else. So, you have to wait for someone to own at the resort(s) you are looking for to deposit their time, and then you have to book it before someone else does.

I was specifically looking at Puerto Rico, any and all options.
Right now, I do not see anything in PR at all for the two-year booking window in II. I usually see most deposits that are not under some kind of system preference, but I don't see quite all of them, so it is possible but unlikely that something is there.

Your best option is to put in an Exchange Request, where you select which dates work best for you and as the inventory comes available it will match.
This is the right advice: by putting in a request, you get a "place in line" for later deposits so you don't have to keep checking all the time. For the most part, the things you see online are the "leftovers" after other Exchange Requests have been satisfied.

Hyatt has some wonderful key west resorts. I have a feeling more DVC members will be exchanging via interval than they ever did with RCI. The quality of resorts are much better when exchanging into the Westin, Hyatt, and Marriott units. Just be careful what you exchange for. In many cases, it may be better to rent your DVC points for cash then rent from an owner on redweek. You’ll likely get exactly what you want plus pocket some cash along the way.
I agree their cash getaways r a much better value! Question do u know if RCI cash getaways still available to DVC members because I’m able to see and possibly book when I go thru the steps?

But both cash getaways r showing up under destinations for interval and under planning a vacation for RCI so do we have access to both? Ty
Good question I’m seeing the same thing did u ever find an answer to this? Ty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter