Goodbye Wishes! Hello Happily Ever After!

Color me very surprised. Rivers of Light, avatar date, Star Wars date, and now this. Was there a D23 convention I missed?

I think you just made the point that only the people at D23...really care about D23...its importance to the business has always been overstated.

Just like Star Wars celebration...it's good for hardcore cash grab...but it's not anything to base business decisions off it.

That's kinda the whole question, isnt it?

Because those projections...while cool...have a limited field of view and create the uncomfortable meat market around the hub that we all pretty much hate.

Fireworks...at least...extends to most of the park.

This is something to follow...I would ask (and I'm not gonna get...oh well) that bear this in mind before we get the "it's gonna be great!!" And "ugh...I have to move my trip up!!!" Stuff

...hold the reigns...common sense

fully agree - UNLESS they do like they did in Disneyland and have projections on buildings other than the Castle to spread out the crowds

They give you a sneak preview of the music in the video in the link.

Hah so most of my guesses were wrong. I'll still be shocked if let it go isn't in there.

I really liked the Ursula animation for the castle projection.

They little video did a good hype job. I'm ready to go see it now!

Pretty exciting for my December trip there will be so many new things. Pandora and 2 new nighttime shows!

I think you just made the point that only the people at D23...really care about D23...its importance to the business has always been overstated.

Just like Star Wars celebration...it's good for hardcore cash grab...but it's not anything to base business decisions off it.
True but they do tend to make some announcements at these types of events. For example Star Wars celebration is where the rumored episode 8 trailer will get released.

fully agree - UNLESS they do like they did in Disneyland and have projections on buildings other than the Castle to spread out the crowds

The difference in Disneyland is that it has less people and things "stick up"

Nothing other than space does at magic kingdom...that's why they built the castle the way they did...to compensate for the dwarfed look in Anaheim they never liked.

I see Disney just announced a new nighttime show in MK, is this a replacement for Wishes?? Someone please tell me no....

True but they do tend to make some announcements at these types of events. For example Star Wars celebration is where the rumored episode 8 trailer will get released.

I get that...you have to throw a bone or two...

But those people are bought and sold...they decorate their garages like the haunted mansion already...

Disney has turned the corner on this...they have business problems in their Orlando unit - confirmed by the stock call.

They need to market to the consumer market now...not to the fan club.

They are losing customers.

The difference in Disneyland is that it has less people and things "stick up"

Nothing other than space does at magic kingdom...that's why they built the castle the way they did...to compensate for the dwarfed look in Anaheim they never liked.

well, they also made the Castle bigger because everything was "bigger" for the Florida project and they wanted you to get a sneak peak at the Castle from the TTC and held build your excitement and draw you in ... while in CA they didn't want you to be able to see the castle from outside of the park

But, yeah, I am not sure where else they could put projections (maybe on Big Thunder) but not as many options, for sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter