Goofy's Kitchen - April 2024 Reservations

slightly off-topic, but we just went to Goofy's on Feb 22 for dinner. It was our first time and I was disappointed. The food was good, but you go there for the characters. We got out first photo with Goofy before sitting down. Then quickly Pluto came. And then no-one. The whole meal. As kids were eating dessert, I asked our server if there's something he can do to get other character to come near our table. Dale came through right at the end and that's it. No Minnie and no Chip. And no repeat stop from Pluto or Dale. We literally got about 3 mins total of character interaction for the duration of the meal. We saw all characters going to other parts of the restaurant, but somehow our section was the forgotten one. I spoke with the manager on the way out, and it was just a cold formal "i'm sorry you are disappointed" brush off.
Then I see reviews of Minnie's breakfast at the Plaza with 9 characters present. I will never do Goofy's again.

slightly off-topic, but we just went to Goofy's on Feb 22 for dinner. It was our first time and I was disappointed. The food was good, but you go there for the characters. We got out first photo with Goofy before sitting down. Then quickly Pluto came. And then no-one. The whole meal. As kids were eating dessert, I asked our server if there's something he can do to get other character to come near our table. Dale came through right at the end and that's it. No Minnie and no Chip. And no repeat stop from Pluto or Dale. We literally got about 3 mins total of character interaction for the duration of the meal. We saw all characters going to other parts of the restaurant, but somehow our section was the forgotten one. I spoke with the manager on the way out, and it was just a cold formal "i'm sorry you are disappointed" brush off.
Then I see reviews of Minnie's breakfast at the Plaza with 9 characters present. I will never do Goofy's again.
Oh, that's too bad. They must have been having an off night. When we go I usually end up waving them away on their second or third visit to our table.

That happened to us a decade ago at Minnie’s. My kids were toddlers and we were sat outside basically alone. We watched like 8 different characters rotate through the porch and then go on break. We had to ask twice and after 55 minutes, we saw our first character. They had started seating people out there and they all let their kids run up to the characters as they circled. We ended up seeing 3 in 90 minutes. It took me 8 years to go back there and we had a MUCH better experience but I’m still bitter about it, lol!

that's a bummer. my kids are 9 and 6, so this was our last shot at going with kid pricing for the older one. there's no way i'm paying adult prices for the kids. so i think we are out of character dining business. my kids are not obsessed with characters so i think they'll be ok.

We ended up seeing 3 in 90 minutes. It took me 8 years to go back there and we had a MUCH better experience but I’m still bitter about it, lol!
I can understand why! The character meals are so expensive I think they should make sure people get to see the characters at least once.

Just another note nit to fret… goofys typically does not fill up.

It can be challenging getting a dinner reservation on weekends if you don't book at least two weeks out. And if you manage to find an available time slot, it'll likely be late. Summer weekends, holidays and special events fill up quickly --for example, last year weekends in October filled up shortly after they became available (they were doing it Halloween themed). But it's becoming increasingly easier to get a reservation. I'm guessing that as DL isn't as captive as WDW is, locals are voting with their wallets and going elsewhere as the price continues to swell.

That said, I wouldn't expect much of a problem for a reservation on April 15th.

Wow, glad I saw this thread as my 60-day window starts later this week for May. Good to know about what might happen for our Goofy's arrival night dinner.
Should I assume the same issue could happen for the Princess Breakfast Adventure at Napa Rose? Anyone done that meal recently?

Reservations are open for April! Springtime buffet menu, with an appearance from Clarabelle! Prices are up of course but we’re still going because Goofy is my daughter’s favorite.

Reservations are open for April! Springtime buffet menu, with an appearance from Clarabelle! Prices are up of course but we’re still going because Goofy is my daughter’s favorite.
I got mine, too. I wonder if anything will be different at the buffet.

We weren't planning on dining there in April (we are going in March), but with Clarabelle showing up, I just made a reservation!

I didn't see where prices went up on the Disneyland menus.....where would I find that and what is the price for April?

Thanks!

I personally didn't feel the additional price for the Christmas time buffet was worth it. That being said we'd do it again because we do Goofy's every trip. It didn't seem very upgraded to us and felt more like just a way to get extra money. I'm a pretty big Disney loyalist and I still felt that way. Nobody in our group thought it was that special. Maybe springtime will be better and a visit from Clarabelle would be awesome!

Yeah we are doing it regardless because it’s the only character meal we’ve never done and we are staying at DLH so we want to check it off the list. So they just got extra money from us haha.

I didn't see where prices went up on the Disneyland menus.....where would I find that and what is the price for April?

Thanks!

Sensational Springtime Buffet​

Howdy Guests! Are ya hungry?
From Thursday, March 28 through Sunday, May 12, 2024, you can join Goofy for a bountiful Springtime breakfast, brunch or dinner buffet. Some of his favorite friends will also join in the merriment, including Clarabelle in her first appearance at a Disneyland restaurant.
In addition to regular breakfast or dinner favorites, the Springtime breakfast, brunch and dinner buffets all feature such enticing options as Poached Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Snow Crab Claw Cocktail, Orange Saffron Salmon, a carving station with Prime Rib and much more.
With Chef Goofy and his pals donning new outfits to look their springtime best and the restaurant festively decorated to celebrate the season, you won’t want to miss this limited-time special experience.
Please note that different hours, pricing* and a separate cancellation policy apply for the Springtime Buffet:

• Breakfast – 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM (Adult: $62; Child: $34)
  • Brunch –11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Adult: $62; Child: $34)
  • Dinner – 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM (Adult: $75; Child: $37)
You must cancel at least one day prior to your reservation to avoid a per person cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel timely or to show up, the credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged $25 per person.
*Prices exclude tax and gratuity.

Sensational Springtime Buffet​

Howdy Guests! Are ya hungry?
From Thursday, March 28 through Sunday, May 12, 2024, you can join Goofy for a bountiful Springtime breakfast, brunch or dinner buffet. Some of his favorite friends will also join in the merriment, including Clarabelle in her first appearance at a Disneyland restaurant.
In addition to regular breakfast or dinner favorites, the Springtime breakfast, brunch and dinner buffets all feature such enticing options as Poached Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Snow Crab Claw Cocktail, Orange Saffron Salmon, a carving station with Prime Rib and much more.
With Chef Goofy and his pals donning new outfits to look their springtime best and the restaurant festively decorated to celebrate the season, you won’t want to miss this limited-time special experience.
Please note that different hours, pricing* and a separate cancellation policy apply for the Springtime Buffet:

• Breakfast – 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM (Adult: $62; Child: $34)
  • Brunch –11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Adult: $62; Child: $34)
  • Dinner – 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM (Adult: $75; Child: $37)
You must cancel at least one day prior to your reservation to avoid a per person cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel timely or to show up, the credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged $25 per person.
*Prices exclude tax and gratuity.
Thank you....I appreciate it!

Anyone know why only breakfast/brunch times shown for Goofy’s the end of May?
No dinner times show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter