Goofy's Kitchen Halloween Reservation

Nickarooney

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to let everyone know my reservation experience in case it helps anyone wanting the new Halloween offering...

I was able to make reservations for Goofy's Kitchen around 2am PST for October 20 (60 day mark today). I had to go through the Goofy's Kitchen page, not the general dining page where you input the number of guests and date then have to go through the list and choose Goofy's Kitchen - that one still had October 19 as the latest reservation date until the usual release time of 6am.

I tested it and I could make it on both my laptop and phone as long as I was going directly from the Goofy's Kitchen page.

However, brunch was never an option. It only had breakfast from 7-10 and dinner. But I was able to secure a 9:55am reservation and assume that will bleed over into brunch offerings if I am unable to secure a brunch time before our trip.

Happy Spooky Season! I hope everyone that way is dry and quake-free today! :)

Thanks for the report. I made a reservation for Goofy's yesterday for October 19th (I was on at 6am pst) and never saw brunch come up either. I don't know if they were gone instantly or there was some sort of error. I'd be interested to hear if anyone got an actual brunch reservation.

Thanks for the report. I made a reservation for Goofy's yesterday for October 19th (I was on at 6am pst) and never saw brunch come up either. I don't know if they were gone instantly or there was some sort of error. I'd be interested to hear if anyone got an actual brunch reservation.
I don't think they were ever on there. I think I read in an other thread that someone got an actual brunch reservation maybe the first day it went live. But I went back in several times leading up to 6am and then timed it to refresh at 5:59:59 (I think all of us dining reservation veterans know the drill 😄) just in case it was added and never saw a blip. If it did and went in that second then good job to the fast fingers with perfect timing who can pin that down!

They have opened booking at completely random times for about the last week and a half. I got my Goofy's booking this morning 10 PM PT, 8 hours early. Got Oga's Cantina around the same time a couple of days ago. The reservations are not all up all the time and not all restaurants, but they do show up definitely before 6 AM.

Goofy's Brunch was showing available all 3 times I tried early. Due to the popularity I imagine at the usual time there's like a handful of reservations left and those are gone in the blink of an eye.

I don't think they were ever on there. I think I read in an other thread that someone got an actual brunch reservation maybe the first day it went live. But I went back in several times leading up to 6am and then timed it to refresh at 5:59:59 (I think all of us dining reservation veterans know the drill 😄) just in case it was added and never saw a blip. If it did and went in that second then good job to the fast fingers with perfect timing who can pin that down!
Well at least I'm not the only one who never saw brunch. 😄
Goofy's Brunch was showing available all 3 times I tried early. Due to the popularity I imagine at the usual time there's like a handful of reservations left and those are gone in the blink of an eye.
I was on early with like 3 different browsers and couldn't see the 19th until 6am (Goofy's and Storytellers). Crazy how inconsistent it is.

They have opened booking at completely random times for about the last week and a half. I got my Goofy's booking this morning 10 PM PT, 8 hours early. Got Oga's Cantina around the same time a couple of days ago. The reservations are not all up all the time and not all restaurants, but they do show up definitely before 6 AM.

It would make the most sense to me that brunch was on there and gone by the time I logged in since they remove the entire section once all the times are gone - just happened to put my random 4am CST wakeup to good use and check early.

I truly don't get how enough people know to check at random unannounced times to wipe it out that quickly. But I'm on the east coast and not dialed into it that much. I had setup a dining alert for a 10:30 that I had hoped would catch it if released early, but the first one it sent was for 9:50 when it released at 6am.

No matter what, sounds super fun - slap Halloween on anything and I'm in 😄

I got a brunch the day they announced for Oct 4th...

I think there are only a few brunch ever since it goes from 10:30 to 1:30. It looks like the are cutting Breakfast off at 9;55. But confused how they will stop those from breakfast from helping themselves to Bruch unless their are wristbands or something....Or is it all the same thing?

Sometimes, when bored I randomly check wait times and reservations at night. I have seen Trader Joes, Goofy, and many others drop around 10pm the night before just last week. They would stay there for at least an hour because no one knows.... People start checking again at 11:30 pm to midnight because so many reservations fro the next day are release and let go around that time too.

Last edited:

Well at least I'm not the only one who never saw brunch. 😄

I was on early with like 3 different browsers and couldn't see the 19th until 6am (Goofy's and Storytellers). Crazy how inconsistent it is.

I tried through the app. That may have been the difference. I got one more reservation to get tomorrow that's not all that important, I'll test then. I'm international and can save my card data in the app, but it won't save on the site. So it never even occurred to me to try on the website.

It would make the most sense to me that brunch was on there and gone by the time I logged in since they remove the entire section once all the times are gone - just happened to put my random 4am CST wakeup to good use and check early.

I truly don't get how enough people know to check at random unannounced times to wipe it out that quickly. But I'm on the east coast and not dialed into it that much. I had setup a dining alert for a 10:30 that I had hoped would catch it if released early, but the first one it sent was for 9:50 when it released at 6am.

No matter what, sounds super fun - slap Halloween on anything and I'm in 😄

I was trying for Oga's for a week and had the same happen as with the Goofy's Brunch, never once saw it come up. Then someone posted in another thread the reservations were open early. That was a little later in the timeframe I noticed too. By that point exactly 2 time slots were left. If the number of reservations is small enough it is entirely possible. They probably don't do more than 2 parties per table for Brunch with that timetable.

I think there are only a few brunch ever since it goes from 10:30 to 1:30. It looks like the are cutting Breakfast off at 9;55. But confused how they will stop those from breakfast from helping themselves to Bruch unless their are wristbands or something....Or is it all the same thing?
Since it's the same price I would hope it would just be seamless and anyone with the late breakfast reservation rolls into brunch at the crossover. And I'm not just saying that because I have a 9:55 reservation.

Kidding! Totally saying that because I have the last breakfast reservation 😄

I can't imagine checking in at 10, going through the picture process, sitting down, ordering drinks, making sure you have been through the character rotation and then having to be finished by 10:30...or them restricting you from brunch items if you weren't done in 30 minutes.

But if any of you are there around the time from breakfast to brunch once the Halloween dates begin, please post on here how they handle it. It would be so helpful to know!

Since it's the same price I would hope it would just be seamless and anyone with the late breakfast reservation rolls into brunch at the crossover. And I'm not just saying that because I have a 9:55 reservation.

Kidding! Totally saying that because I have the last breakfast reservation 😄

I can't imagine checking in at 10, going through the picture process, sitting down, ordering drinks, making sure you have been through the character rotation and then having to be finished by 10:30...or them restricting you from brunch items if you weren't done in 30 minutes.

But if any of you are there around the time from breakfast to brunch once the Halloween dates begin, please post on here how they handle it. It would be so helpful to know!
I know at Animal Kingdom (yes, I know it's in WDW, but...) when Tusker House went back to buffet during the changeover period between breakfast and lunch they moved the breakfast items to one area and had the lunch items in another and you couldn't get from lunch (which in this case costs more) if you only had breakfast. I'm not sure what they did - could have been wristbands - or if they still do, but I do remember a lot of discussion that the "book the latest breakfast time and get lunch" loophole was closed at least for a little while.

I know at Animal Kingdom (yes, I know it's in WDW, but...) when Tusker House went back to buffet during the changeover period between breakfast and lunch they moved the breakfast items to one area and had the lunch items in another and you couldn't get from lunch (which in this case costs more) if you only had breakfast. I'm not sure what they did - could have been wristbands - or if they still do, but I do remember a lot of discussion that the "book the latest breakfast time and get lunch" loophole was closed at least for a little while.
I could absolutely see that with a price difference. Since breakfast and brunch are the exact same price here - and half the food is the same - that would seem an incredibly petty thing to do. But I could see it being an issue if those from breakfast linger longer than the usual given amount of time.

This is what is available now for Goofy's on 10/21.

Almost looks tome like brunch was abandoned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230822_065001_Disneyland.jpg
    Screenshot_20230822_065001_Disneyland.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
This is what is available now for Goofy's on 10/21.

Almost looks tome like brunch was abandoned.
Yeah I checked at 9:40 ish and on the website it wasn't yet open and through the app there was no brunch, but tons of dinner and breakfast. I guess everyone agrees with me that brunch is the best time to eat. 😄

It won't pull up early for me today at all. I wonder if that's because I had a Disneyland Hotel reservation for Oct 19 when I was checking for Oct 20?

Goofy’s Kitchen has been weird to get this time around. It has always been late to open up the reservations but usually sometime during the 60th day out. This time it waited until about my 49th or 50th day out. I wanted breakfast and had made my reservations when suddenly it was for the Halloween Breakfast, which they hadn’t said anything about. I noticed they had a Brunch scheduled but it was the same menu. I changed to the Halloween Brunch. This was on the 1st day it was available. The site had 2 Breakfast menus and 2 Dinner menus. No change in the menus but different prices for Breakfast. They finally posted the Brunch menu but no change in the Halloween Breakfast menu. Now it appears like they aren’t offering Brunch anymore. Like I said, the reservations have been weird.

I called about the brunch, and CM was confused and said it was up to the restaurant to load the reservation times (?) and they had not done so. We really wanted the brunch. And they even have the menu on there. I am still hoping it pops up.

I don't think they've released the brunch reservations. I just got on right at 9pm and could get any breakfast or dinner time. No brunch.
Another weird thing was first I could see the 22nd through the app and not the website and then when I went back a second time the 22nd was no longer available through the app, but I could see it on the website.

It's just dining reservation musical chairs!

Let's all holler on here if anyone finds the magical brunch times!!!!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter