Goofy's Kitchen or Minnies for Birthday

zandjmom

Mouseketeer
My nephew will be turning 3 and I thought we would do a Character breakfast. Narrowed down to these two and these are the pros/cons I can think of.

GK Pros- Lots of variety and could be an early lunch option to hold us until dinner. Lot of character interaction and fun.

GK Cons - A little far to get to especially if the monorail isn't running. (dec 16-20). Pricey

Minnies Pros - convenient location, less expensive

Minnies Cons - chaotic (I've read), breakfast only foods

Are my details accurate and also where can I get an up to date pricing for both places.

PS. We will have 2 teenage boys with us as well.

I saw on the website that the monorail is down until dec. 14th... hopefully it will be running again on the 15th.

we have made reservations at GK. our boys are 6 & 8. I have heard nothing but great things and I am looking forward to the whole experience.

zandjmom said:
My nephew will be turning 3 and I thought we would do a Character breakfast. Narrowed down to these two and these are the pros/cons I can think of.

the very first time I took my daughter to DL she was like 5 and Goofy's Kitchen was the very first character meal she ever went to...we had the table decorated with Belle and Beast as she was so in love with Belle back then...they were both there and Belle came and talked to my dd for quite awhile and then had beast come over and had everyone in the dining room sing her happy bday...I will never forget that for the rest of my life so I am always going to recommend character bdays for dinner at GK....

Well I would TOTALLY say Goofy's Kitchen. But if you do Story Teller Cafe, I heard thats AMAZING, and Chip and Dale are Fanominal with children.

My boyfriend and I ate at Goofy's Kitchen for the first time this past summer. The food was great and we had a lot of character interaction. Every few minutes kids join Goofy in dancing to the macarena. It's really cute. :goodvibes

From a kid's perspective, my two (ages 9 and 14) choose GK every trip. We've done Minnie's and, while it was okay, they've never asked to go back. GK is their choice this year for Christmas dinner, so you can see how it rates for them! :thumbsup2 :teeth: :santa:

hey zandjmom,

I was just reading a TR in the DL TR section from disneycutie...she went to DL 10/20-22 and went to GK to celebrate birthdays...you should definitely read her report about it...she took pics of the birthday bags she ordered.... :goodvibes

We haven't done Minnie's but we did do breakfast in the Plaza Inn when it was Princesses. The Plaza Inn is not a real good set up for character meals. It's too crowded and a few of the characters couldn't come back to us because of their costumes. We didn't know this until we noticed that the Beast was staying in the middle and everyone was going up to him. Also, the food was cold and it took me 20 minutes to get an omlete made. There were only 2 people in front of me.

Now for Goofy's, we LOVE it. We've done dinner once but found out that we prefer brunch. I always get us the latest ressie I can. We start our day with our free continental breakfast (we stay offsite) and that holds us until 11:30 or 12. Just when everyone else is starting to come into the park, we're ready for a break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter