• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Google Maps Mystery!

Baloo76

DISboards lurker
So I google map'd WDW today and noticed something strange.

Go here on google maps: 28.418795,-81.581217 this will center on the hub at MK. Zoom in to see there is some kind of parade going on with some floats circling the hub. It appears though that people are blocking any access back to main street or to liberty square/frontierland bridge.

There are also a couple floats at the start of Main Street and the Firehouse. But there are VERY FEW people actually watching.

So the mystery is - what parade is this and where is everyone??

Looks like Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!

Dumbo is gone in Fantasyland, so it's fairly recent.

:earsboy:

This is weird. I put that in google maps and it did show the hub but there is no parade anywhere. There are lots of people standing around the front of the castle waiting on a show, I guess, but no parade floats anywhere. I can see that Dumbo is gone and can also see both Dumbos over where they are now.
Am I doing something wrong or does anyone else see it the way I do?

I just went to Google Maps and put in Walt Disney World, then zoomed n to the hub. I see the parade. I guess it wasn't very popular that day. LOL!

I don't see the parade either! But seeing those pics makes me want to be there in the worst way! pixiedust:

Here's something funny I stumbled across on Google maps recently. This is the Google maps guy cleaning his camera lens in Hastings, MN! :rotfl:

Capture14_zpsd117ad52.jpg

Can someone who can see the parade post a screenshot of what they're seeing? I can only see people standing or walking around

Can someone who can see the parade post a screenshot of what they're seeing? I can only see people standing or walking around

I have a new computer and can't figure out how. LOL! So, I took a pic with my camera and uploaded it to FB but I can't seem to make it post. :-(

The Hub in the Google Maps iPad app = no parade. Hub in Google Maps via a web browser = parade.

The Hub in the Google Maps iPad app = no parade. Hub in Google Maps via a web browser = parade.

Look on Main Street, there are actually floats down there, lol. Not the same picture of the parade as the one posted though, no floats are in the Hub yet.

Dumbo still in Fantasyland too.

If you are seeing the floats at the Hub, look closely at Fantasyland and you will see that the Dumbo ride is not completely gone. Since there is construction showing on the picture, you see the base of the Dumbo ride, but no elephants or the arms holding them.

Wonder if it is an early morning parade rehearsal?

Park doesn't seem to crowded either. I'm guessing this was really early in the day?

I finally figured out what I was doing different! You guys are in satellite view, and I was in street view! Actually it wasn't the real street view, it brought you to a 360 degree picture someone else uploaded!

Here's something funny I stumbled across on Google maps recently. This is the Google maps guy cleaning his camera lens in Hastings, MN! :rotfl:

That's awesome. I've seen slideshows online of weird things found on Googlemaps- this ranks right there with them!

The first parade of the day is general quieter than later in the day. Most people are in the different lands by now. The two afternoon parades are a bit busier as some people start to leave the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter