Got an offer for the Hilton GVC in Hawaii. Anyone been there?

floridafam

DIS Veteran
Got an e-mail offer for the Hilton at Waikoloa Village on the Big Island.

The price seems pretty attractive.

It doesn't say anything about having to sit through a timeshare presentation.

I don't know if I received the e-mail because of DVC or because I'm a Hilton Honors member.

I'd love to hear your experiences if you have been here or know anyone who has.

Thanks in advance.:D

I have received similar offers and feel it's probably generated by HHonors vs. DVC. We never took advantage of any of them due to the restrictions involving rescheduling or cancellation. It's a great resort though so give it some consideration and find out if there are any hidden fees/conditions involved.

We got to stay there when we joined HGVC (Sea World). It's a beautiful place ... quite large ... lots of activities for everyone. Very upscale and hard to get into ... books up about 2 years ahead of time. We'd go back in a heartbeat. Big Island has active volcanos, rainforest side and dry side, largest cattle ranch, Mauna Kea (in winter, they can snow ski in the morning up top and surf in the afternoon in the ocean). Kids can sign up to swim with the dolphins.

Thanks for the info.

I did call and they said we received the offer because of Hilton Honors.

The offer is 5 nights in a standard room (king and pull out sofa) for $789 then we get 10,000 honors points and $50 food credit.

They did have availability for next October during the Ironman triathlon.

I guess we will decide soon if we are going to book it or not.

Thanks again.:D

That's a great offer! I'm a member of HHonors too and didn't get such an offer. :(

Just got back from there last week. Great resort. Watched the bicycle portion of the ironman from the road in front of the resort area.

A few comments:
If you are an Hhonors Diamond, they have a lounge in the Ocean Tower. Breakfast: coffee, juice, pastries, cereal, fruit, etc. Afternoon snacks: soft drinks and cookies.
Evening: honor bar, soft drinks, cheese and crackers, hot and cold hors d'oeuvres. For Gold HHonors, there is a separate lounge in the Palace Tower.

They have just started on an new HGVC resort nearby. Won't open til 2006, but you could tour it while there for an additional 20K points (assuming the special offer doesn't require a tour).

If you go during the ironman, try not to fly in or out on ironman day, as the main road between the resort and the airport is closed, and the detour could take a long time.

I'm in the dark here. What is HHonors, and can someone send me a website for the resort about which you are talking? It sounds great...........

Dh & I went there on our honeymoon (Oct '96). It was awesome. They have a bunch of different ways to get to your rooms, boat, walk past beautiful artwork & sculptures or tram. The pool was really cool. So many secluded spots for relaxing. They have a manmade beach area (it is really rocky from the lava so the beaches aren't that great, but there is a good one just up the road). Volcanoes Park is really interesting, but you never have to leave the resort if you don't want to! I was very impressed with it. There are also a lot of good restaurants on site. I hope you can go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter