Got any ideas??

yummy72

DIS Veteran
HI All-

We're tailgating tomorrow (first football game of the year!!) The menu is bbq brisket sandwiches, potato salad etc... (MY MIL is making these) I would like to bring something along the lines of an appetizer or maybe a snack mix type thing, (the guys in my family are pigs and love that kind of stuff! :) but I was looking for something different from the usual. Also the temperature at kick off (6:30 pm) will still be 96 degrees. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them. Can you tell I've waited til the last minute to think about this?

TIA,
Candi

Go Sooners!

Here are a couple from www.recipegoldmine.com . They have lots more in their recipe section under snacks.

By the way, I live in Norman, so I second your "Go Sooners"!

FISH NIBBLES

4 C. Chex
1 C. Pepperidge Farm gold fish crackers
1 C. small stick pretzels
1 C. nuts
1 C. Fritos
1/2 pkg. Hidden Valley dressing (dry mix)
1/2 C. Wesson oil
1 tsp. garlic powder or salt
1 tsp. dill weed

Stir all together. Put in airtight container and refrigerate. Makes 8 cups.
---------------------------

RANCH PRETZELS

6 C. pretzels (any shape or mixture of shape)
1/2 C. butter, melted
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt

Preheat oven to 250ºF.

Place pretzels in a large shallow baking pan.

In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over pretzels, stirring well to make sure they are all coated. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

Pour onto wax paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yields 6 cups.

Thanks for the ideas... That was exactly what I was looking for! I live in Norman too. Look for me! I'll be the one in red :smooth:

Thanks,
Candi

Hey Candi,

I saw you at the game! Did you see me wave? :D

Do you scrapbook, too? My friends and I are thinking about starting a scrapbook club in Norman. Wondered if you might be interested.

MerryPoppins-

Yes I scrapbook too! I love it! The snack mix was a big hit. I used red pistachio nuts and football shaped cheeze-its along with the regular stuff. Hopefully the next game will be cooler and we can get more creative with our tailgate recipes. Let me know about the scrapbooking group. I have a few folks I get together with now and then. (some are in Bethany) and some are CM crops in Norman, but nothing on a consistent basis which seems to be the only way to get my albums done.

How 'bout them Sooners?

Happy Scrappin,
Candi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter