Got Hotel Royal Plaza for $40 a night on Priceline.....;)

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
for Dec 26-29 for my sweetheart and his son. He was VERY pleased with this deal.

Total for 3 nights with tax and PL fee....$138.00 WHAT A DEAL!!! most places at that time are more than that for one night.

hope this helps someone...and remember...half the fun is the planning

:smooth:

Does Priceline consider this a 21/2, 3, or 4 star hotel??? Did you bid $40.00? Did you use any bonus $$?

Thanks! I hope I can get the same deal!!!

Lori, you might be interested in this list of hotels PL uses in Orlando: CLICK HERE Hotel Royal Plaza is listed as a 3 star in the WDW area.

Yahoo! Thru Priceline I just got Doubletree guest suites for $40. (plus $5 bonus).

My total for one night with priceline fee and tax is $50.38. This is for a 2-bedroom, 2-story townhouse.

HOORAY!

For those of you who have won Priceline bids for the WDW area, you can post your info on the new board at http://MouseCodes.com and you will be entered in the drawing for a Passporter guidebook. Look for the link to the Success Forum. Good luck!:bounce:

Lori,

Were you able to bid for a suite specifically?

Thanks

You cannot bid on a suite on Priceline. You can only bid on a quality level and area. In fact, Priceline only guarentees bedding for a total of 2 people. However, most of the Orlando resorts will happily give you a room with 2 double beds.

The Doubletree Suites is a 3* hotel in the WDW area. Be aware, it is pretty far down on 192 (IMO) east of 535. The good news is that it's near a Publix!

For more info about bidding on Priceline, check out www.biddingfortravel.com .

I believe the Doubletree Guest Suites Maingate is 3.5 miles from the main gate. I probably would not want to spend my entire vacaton that far from WDW. In this case it's not a big deal because we are staying there only our arrival night and will be checking in to our Disney resort the next morning.

It's good to know that it's near a Publix...we can stock up on breakfast and snacks for the rest of or trip!

nhrenee: I was surprized to get a suite. As robinb explained, there is no way to request a suite on Priceline. All rooms are non-smoking double occupancy, and thats really all the details you get, with the exception of 4-star, 3-star, etc.

The suite really works out great for us, because we are traveling with my Parents, who now have a free place to stay!

Thanks Robin and Lori,

Good for you getting a suite! For the what it's worth dept, we rented a house that was about 3 miles from the main gate (west of 192 near Splendid China) and it only took us 10 minutes to get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter