Got my acceptance to the DCP!

Terri0413

Earning My Ears
I got my acceptance for Fall Advantage 2015, I am super excited! I will be older than most participants which adds a huge level of nervousness. My role will be transportation, does anyone have any experience with this role? TIA!

Wow! Congrats! I'm a little older as well, but I haven't been accepted or denied yet.. When was your phone interview? I'm hoping I get my letter soon... Do you know whether we get an actual letter if we get denied or were just left here? Lol I'm just so anxious to find out!!

My phone interview was on February 5, so it took 3 weeks and a day, I had almost given up hope. When I interviewed, they said the application process should be completed by March 20, you should get an email either way. Best wishes and pixie dust to you!!!

Thanks for the reply! I feel like I've given up hope as well, but I'm hoping I get something soon enough!!!

Best of luck to you too!!

Congrats!! That's awesome!
I'm an older dcp hopeful too :) Haven't gotten my phone interview yet but I'm still in progress so we'll see!

Great. My daughter just got accepted for FA 2015 in transportation too.

She interviewed on Super Bowl Sunday.

????? I've read that transportation is watercrafts and the monorail. Does this so include the parking trams? Just curious.

Good luck to you. Enjoy.

Great. My daughter just got accepted for FA 2015 in transportation too.

She interviewed on Super Bowl Sunday.

????? I've read that transportation is watercrafts and the monorail. Does this so include the parking trams? Just curious.

Good luck to you. Enjoy.
My son got Main Gate Operations and he was told that includes parking lot trams.

I got my acceptance for Fall Advantage 2015, I am super excited! I will be older than most participants which adds a huge level of nervousness. My role will be transportation, does anyone have any experience with this role? TIA!

Congratulations! My Daughter is in DCP now and absolutely loves it. There are students of all ages - so that won't be a problem - once you are in Disney nothing matters. Enjoy every second!

By the way - my daughter was accepted after almost 4 weeks and her friend was accepted at about 7 weeks. So you all have a shot. Keep the faith.

My DD wants to be on any boat. But I agree boats at EPCOT would be great.

What have you found out about the role?
Absolutely nothing, what I've been told is the role is very rare for CP's, not sure if that is accurate, but there isn't very much information on the web about the transportation role. I am asking everyone I can think of. My son was a CP last year in merch and he didn't know anyone in the transportation role. If you hear of anything, please let me know!

Wow! Congrats! I'm a little older as well, but I haven't been accepted or denied yet.. When was your phone interview? I'm hoping I get my letter soon... Do you know whether we get an actual letter if we get denied or were just left here? Lol I'm just so anxious to find out!!
Have you heard anything yet?

No, unfortunately my dashboard still says "in progress" I'm hoping to hear atleast by the end of March!!

Absolutely nothing, what I've been told is the role is very rare for CP's, not sure if that is accurate, but there isn't very much information on the web about the transportation role. I am asking everyone I can think of. My son was a CP last year in merch and he didn't know anyone in the transportation role. If you hear of anything, please let me know!
Although my DD is crazy excited because transportation is her first choice, I'm hoping she isn't too isolated from other DCPs. I would think most of the fun is making new friends who love Disney, and not just hanging with older retired men.

Some of the things I have found. Not sure how accurate the info it?

Transportation

Responsibilities may include:

• Operating monorails and/or watercraft vehicles, including using on-board computers

• Loading and unloading Guests

• Delivering narrations via microphone during trips

• Using a radio and understanding radio communication

• Standing for extended periods, working outdoors

• A valid driver’s license is required for this role

- Transportation could either be Monorails or Watercraft (MK Ferries, resort launches, etc.) I believe. It is worth mentioning that not all watercraft are considered transportation though, namely the Friendship boats. While they do provide transportation between Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, and resorts along the way, they're actually considered part of Epcot Attractions.
- Transportation roles for College Program participants encompasses monorails and watercraft.

www.thingsaboutdisney.wordpress.com/tag/transportation/
www.disneyprogramsblog.com/disney-college-program-spotlight-eddie-transportation/

I'm doing FA as well, and I'm also older than the average CP (28). I'm also an alum, I did the college program a few years ago when I was younger and now that I'm back in school I decided to go for one more round.

As far as transportation goes you'll probably end up being a bus greeter. It's possible you could work with the boats or monorail, but there are far more open positions for bus greeter just because there are more locations. The boats aren't as common for CPs, but it's still possible you could get them or you can end up working at one of the monorail stations. They no longer have CPs drive the monorails.

And just to be clear, I didn't do transportation in my previous program this is just what I've heard from other people that have.

I'm doing FA as well, and I'm also older than the average CP (28). I'm also an alum, I did the college program a few years ago when I was younger and now that I'm back in school I decided to go for one more round.

As far as transportation goes you'll probably end up being a bus greeter. It's possible you could work with the boats or monorail, but there are far more open positions for bus greeter just because there are more locations. The boats aren't as common for CPs, but it's still possible you could get them or you can end up working at one of the monorail stations. They no longer have CPs drive the monorails.

And just to be clear, I didn't do transportation in my previous program this is just what I've heard from other people that have.

It's almost like I was reading a post I wrote! I'm 27 now and I did my first CP 7 years ago! I was QSFB then and I'm currently QSFB for Spring 2015! I extended through the summer and I was accepted into the Transportation role. I've not heard much about it either, but when I find out my new location, I'll be sure to come back here and report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter