Got my backpack today!

SLK1

DIS Veteran
I feel like a kid at Christmas! Our backpacks arrived today, along with our packet of information and luggage tags. I honestly don't think I'll use the backpack on the trip because I just bought some new luggage that is AWESOME, but it's a nice souvenier. Is there anyone out there who is going on the June 11 Viva Italia? :goodvibes

Ah, my luggage!!! We ordered it on-line from Costco. It's not a brand like Samsonite or anything, but it's really nice (although we haven't actually used it yet! :lmao:). It was a great deal - we got two sets for basically the price of one - a larger suitcase, a small one, a computer-type bag, and a "sling" type bag with an area for passports, camera, phone, etc. The suitcases are made of this new material - carbonite maybe???:confused3- and have the four rolling wheels on the bottom. I want to fill them now!!!:rotfl:

That is great, it feels good to get the backpack and stuff, makes it seem real. Luggage, lets not talk about luggage, I still need to get new luggage as two of my suitcases broke, ripped this past year and my trip is less than 5 weeks away.

We are going on the June 11th trip and we can't wait.

Yea!!! I finally found someone on my trip!!! We are very excited (trying not to think about flus now!). It's just me and my 15yo son - leaving the hubby and three girls behind! We fly in the morning of the 11th - at 8 AM. Can't wait!:cool1:

We just got all of our stuff from our awesome travel agent Dottie today and now we are really getting excited. We are traveling with our two sons who are 5 and 6 years old.

I got my backpack yesterday for our Alaska trip. Can't believe we're getting that close. Also got my packet from WDW for our somewhat spur of the moment WDW trip in 3 weeks. It was a big mail day! :)

I got my backpack yesterday for our Alaska trip. Can't believe we're getting that close. Also got my packet from WDW for our somewhat spur of the moment WDW trip in 3 weeks. It was a big mail day! :)
Cool beans! You're less than 2 months out, aren't you! :) I am so looking forward to seeing what you have to say about the trip (you're going 2 months ahead of me, and I haven't seen anyone else say they're on this trip -- except 2 DISer's who were on my same trip, and cancelled!)

What color is the backpack? I've heard different trips have different color backpacks...

Sayhello

Cool beans! You're less than 2 months out, aren't you! :) I am so looking forward to seeing what you have to say about the trip (you're going 2 months ahead of me, and I haven't seen anyone else say they're on this trip -- except 2 DISer's who were on my same trip, and cancelled!)

What color is the backpack? I've heard different trips have different color backpacks...

Sayhello

The backpack is dark green. Here's a photo. The logo looks a bit washed-out in the pciture. It's really more colorful.

IMG_1946_edited-1.jpg

The backpack is dark green. Here's a photo. The logo looks a bit washed-out in the pciture. It's really more colorful.
Thanks Bobo912! That looks very cool. Is that a headphone hole on top?

Sayhello

My backpack is blue with black trim. Are they different colors for each tour?

We didn't get a backpack for Backstage Magic in January..we got a big tote..very cool, but not a backpack..

In an earlier post, GirlfromTN had pictures of her blue backpack, so I guess they are different colors for different trips.

Still waiting on mine for Southwest Splendors, as it went through the TA first. Keeping my fingers crossed it will show up today or tomorrow.

In an earlier post, GirlfromTN had pictures of her blue backpack, so I guess they are different colors for different trips.
Or maybe it's whatever color they grab for your trip at the time... Guess we'll find out!

Sayhello

I think you're right, SayHello. Finally got ours today and it's the green. The junior adventurer backpack is the exact same one as last year. Which is good, as DD loves it.

Our family of five are going to China and we all got the blue/black backpacks. I'm not personally fond of *looking* like a tourist. Have people really used their backpacks on past trips?

I'm pretty sure that walking around in a herd with people holding a big Adventures By Disney sign or with personal listening devices will give away that we are tourists.
:confused3

That, and the fact that most of us don't look chinese...

I think I'm going to use mine for work when it comes and will use my Pac Safe backpack for our trip... less because of how it looks, more because I know I could put WAY too much in something as big as what the pictures I've seen look like it is.

siliobear (and I just "got" your screen name when I typed it - lol, very cute) - You really don't need to carry much on the day outings, as the guides take care of so much. Most people on our adventure who used the backpacks carried extra jackets, etc, and left them on the bus while we explored.

They make nice souvies, though, to use when we do need a backpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter