Got passports in record time...

OP did you have the date of your trip on your application? I've heard that with expedited they are doing them by travel date. We submitted ours about 4 weeks ago (renewal, expedited), they went into processing pretty much right away and the checks were both cashed, but so far nothing. I had our travel date as mid-September.

OP did you have the date of your trip on your application? I've heard that with expedited they are doing them by travel date. We submitted ours about 4 weeks ago (renewal, expedited), they went into processing pretty much right away and the checks were both cashed, but so far nothing. I had our travel date as mid-September.
Yes I did. I listed our cruise on 9/3. Our checks were cashed within days of mailing it, and then it sat there processing for weeks. They shipped out back to us almost exactly 4 weeks to the day we sent it in. I never got a notification but happened to check the website and saw that they had shipped with an expected arrival date listed. I then checked USPS Informed Delivery and saw the tracking numbers.

Yes I did. I listed our cruise on 9/3. Our checks were cashed within days of mailing it, and then it sat there processing for weeks. They shipped out back to us almost exactly 4 weeks to the day we sent it in. I never got a notification but happened to check the website and saw that they had shipped with an expected arrival date listed. I then checked USPS Informed Delivery and saw the tracking numbers.
That is awesome. I'd heard they were using travel dates, which I'm actually fine with ... as long as they keep to that date. Congrats, and glad you were able to get yours back in time. It's weird to be without mine since I travel pretty often. I'm looking forward to having it safely back :) Thanks for the update on no email. I'll make sure to check frequently as our time gets closer.

I'd heard they were using travel dates, which I'm actually fine with ... as long as they keep to that date.

Ugh. Our passports were set to expire in November, but I listed our next date of travel as May of '22, so I guess we're not anywhere near the front of the queue.

I signed up for the text notices when there was a change in my renewal status, but it's hard not to want to go back to the State Dept. site and check anyway. Kind of like how hard it is to *not* touch something with a "wet paint" sign on it.

Ugh. Our passports were set to expire in November, but I listed our next date of travel as May of '22, so I guess we're not anywhere near the front of the queue.

I signed up for the text notices when there was a change in my renewal status, but it's hard not to want to go back to the State Dept. site and check anyway. Kind of like how hard it is to *not* touch something with a "wet paint" sign on it.
Keep checking. I also signed up for the text notifications but never got one. I only saw status changes on the website.

Keep checking. I also signed up for the text notifications but never got one. I only saw status changes on the website.

Interesting. Good to know I shouldn't be waiting on those texts. Thank you!

My renewal (expedited) just arrived this week, 6 weeks after I sent it in. I listed March '22 as next date of travel. Hope it works out for you, also. I never received the text.

I should correct myself - I signed up for the e-mail notices from the State Dept., not texts.

I sent my kids' passports in for renewal either the first or second week of July, not expedited and did not list a travel date. They were marked as received on 7/26 and I received them in the mail on 8/14. Much faster than I was expecting!

Update on ours. I think they are improving turnaround times. Ours were submitted at the passport office on July 16th and our passports were back on August 13th. We did expedited renewals. Just an FYI for those with global entry. I tried to update our passport numbers but kept getting an error message that not recognized. I did a quick google search and apparently it takes a few weeks for the new numbers to be recognized by Trusted Traveler Programs. I'll try again in a few weeks.

I really super appreciate your posting that, we turned in our minors renewal last Tues with expediated paid for, he had global entry and I had only just found out I need to update all of ours to Trusted Traveler, we sail Oct 9th so hoping we might be able to get it all done in time. They did take our proof of sailing date and included it with his renewal. At the time I was hoping the Global Entry would help his through quickly. Fingers Crossed, been watching this thread and it gives us hope.

Update on ours. I think they are improving turnaround times. Ours were submitted at the passport office on July 16th and our passports were back on August 13th. We did expedited renewals. Just an FYI for those with global entry. I tried to update our passport numbers but kept getting an error message that not recognized. I did a quick google search and apparently it takes a few weeks for the new numbers to be recognized by Trusted Traveler Programs. I'll try again in a few weeks.
Yes...same thing with my new passport number and global entry. I thought I was going to have to go to the airport office to have them fix it. Thanks! I'll wait a few weeks and try again.

FYI on my turnaround time. It took them a month to log my renewal app as received on 8/3. But it has since been processed, approved and sent on its way back to me. Non-expedited, even.

I sent my kids' passports in for renewal either the first or second week of July, not expedited and did not list a travel date. They were marked as received on 7/26 and I received them in the mail on 8/14. Much faster than I was expecting!

wow, that is fast. My granddaughters are waiting for theirs. Both checks were cashed. They submitted about a week apart. 16 yo didn’t need both parents in person, so hers went out. 14 yo needed both parents, so had to work that out. This will be their 3rd passport. 16 yo at least gets that 10 one this time. They are both eager to cruise again. Fully vaxed too.

We just renewed my sons this month. I paid for expedited because of the timing I was hearing from others (months to get). We got his back in 12 days. Doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason to why some take so long and others are quick.

Interesting. Good to know I shouldn't be waiting on those texts. Thank you!

Yep…I never got a single text message and I got my passport last week! Took just about a month from when I mailed it in. (Renewal)

I always wonder if the renewal comes back quicker. Especially if there’s no changes To the profile. Seems logical. My daughter is keeping a close eye on her 3 renewals all mailed weeks apart from each other.

It sounds like turnaround time is all over the map, but averages 1.5 months based on recent reports. I am trying to figure out when to renew my childrens' because theirs expire at different times, but all before our next cruise in August of 2022.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter