Got ressies -- No problem!

JulieWent

DIS Veteran
There have been many posts lately about the increasing difficulty of securing reservations. I just wanted to add a positive note to the conversation. We'll be taking friends in May, 2002 -- beginning on Memorial Day Sunday and going through May 31. We wanted two 2BR standard views. Since I'd heard so much about how difficult it can be to get standard views -- even at the 11 month window -- I called day by day to get these reservations and had no problem. I was pleased -- and relieved. Now the real planning can begin! :)

Glad to hear you were successful getting what you wanted. We've never had any problems booking at the 11 month window. We were at the BWV this Memorial day week and booked it at 11 months out without any problems either! Happy planning!;)

I was successful getting reservations at VWL at the 7th month window with no trouble. So I know how excited you are. I even waited until the end of the reservation to call, you know the 'first' day you can call. I was really happy and have had much fun planning. Less than 100 days!! :sunny:

I made a ressie for 6 nights next June for a standard view studio at the BWV with a single phone call yesterday (our departure date will be June 8, 2002). I would normally have called day-by-day to be sure of the standard view room, but we just decided over the weekend what we should plan for next summer. If we end up going to BWV in June '02, it would mean we get a total of 21 days on our APs (we leave Saturday for the first of three BWV trips we have planned--July '01, January '02 with 2 added nights at VB, and March '02). Our actual plans are to try to switch this trip to HHI when the 7-month window opens (there is only a 2-point difference at that time of year for a Sunday through Saturday stay), but the small number of studios at HHI concerns me. Thus the booking for BWV as a fallback.

Ralph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter