Got screwed on MagicBand upgrade.....

DizBelle

DIS Veteran
I have been stalking upgraded MagicBands for a while trying to get the 2 that I wanted. 2 days ago, MDE said I had 27 days left to complete my order. Today (when I should have 25 days left), it says "You've made your selections and your MagicBands will be shipped to your home." Except that I didn't make my selections and complete the order.

I called and was told that the "order" is already sent to whatever department fulfills it and it cannot be reversed. She basically said there was nothing they could do and I'm stuck with whatever they are sending. And that was it.

So, if you have to order MagicBands, do it ASAP because whatever the website is telling you is the amount of time you have to do it is most likely WRONG.

So frustrating and extremely disappointing. Their system gave me wrong information and I got shafted because of it.

I would maybe call back (nicely) and see if you can get a different answer. It seems like a fluke - my MB countdown has always been accurate. Is your trip 2 months away? Don't they usually close the magic band order about a month before the trip?

My trip is in November. Where it said how many days you have there was a "Why" you could click on and it said that up to 6 days before your trip you can customize and they will be at the resort. 5 or fewer days and you cannot customize.

I would maybe call back (nicely) and see if you can get a different answer. It seems like a fluke - my MB countdown has always been accurate. Is your trip 2 months away? Don't they usually close the magic band order about a month before the trip?
Our last two trips, the MB deadline date has been way off (like saying the deadline was a week before our trip).

My trip is in November. Where it said how many days you have there was a "Why" you could click on and it said that up to 6 days before your trip you can customize and they will be at the resort. 5 or fewer days and you cannot customize.

Hmm. For all of my recent trips, I have had to choose Magic Bands 30+ days out, and then I had them on my doorstep maybe 3 weeks before the trip? My last trip was almost a year ago, though. I've never tried sending them to the resort so maybe others can comment on that.

Mine was way off aswell got the warning than went and tried to look a few days later and it was shipped already. got them yesterday and my trip is nov 7th

If you selected nothing, you will be getting two gray magicbands. I would call back again and try to speak with someone else. And if you don't have luck with the first person ask to speak with a manager. They tend to have more training and are more knowledgeable/helpful.

Hmm. For all of my recent trips, I have had to choose Magic Bands 30+ days out, and then I had them on my doorstep maybe 3 weeks before the trip? My last trip was almost a year ago, though. I've never tried sending them to the resort so maybe others can comment on that.
Same here...it was always 30+ days to customize and I received them not long after the cutoff date.

Same here...it was always 30+ days to customize and I received them not long after the cutoff date.

I have a stay that starts July 7, the system says I have until July 1, 2020 to customize to receive at the hotel desk.

I don't trust that message.

I have a stay that starts July 7, the system says I have until July 1, 2020 to customize to receive at the hotel desk.

I don't trust that message.

Based on this thread I definitely wouldn't trust that. I'd have your selections in place by June 7, or maybe even June 1. I'm always choosing from the basic free colors though so its no trouble to decide well in advance.

Based on this thread I definitely wouldn't trust that. I'd have your selections in place by June 7, or maybe even June 1. I'm always choosing from the basic free colors though so its no trouble to decide well in advance.
I get the free ones as well due to just using the puck in a carabiner. I’m wondering if they will stop mailing them in the future and only pickup at the resort on check in.

Honestly their deadline has seemed off for a while. I'm going with the old 30 day deadline for my future trip.
Mine is saying I have 19 days to do my order - our check in day is December 7th which is about at 30 days prior. We already gave up on upgraded bands and just got plain colored ones.

They did the same thing to me only they shipped our bands in AUGUST when our trip wasn't until October! I gave up trying to get my customization's after talking to 3 different CM's. This is the one instance were I wouldn't encourage someone to call back and get a nicer CM, I literally don't think they can do anything once a Magic Band goes to shipment. The last CM I spoke with suggested asking concierge at the resort when we get there if we can get an upgraded band, she said they have more flexibility than calling. Most of my group is fine with a standard color but my son is devastated he didn't get Thanos, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter