Got some strange news regarding split stays

FelisLachesis

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of making my last night at Disney something special and book one night at The Grand Floridian. So I called 407-939-iRun, and they gave me some strange news today.

Starting today, with the 2018 Princess Half Marathon registration, any rooms booked through runDisney must be a minimum of two nights. No more reservations with only a one night stay at any resort, including both just a one night complete reservation and one night split stays.

Therefore, a minimum reservation is 2 nights. If you want to do a split stay through runDisney reservations, it must be a minimum of 4 nights, 2 in one resort, and 2 in another.

This threw me off. I didn't have any ADRs or park day planned for the last day; just take it easy while waiting for DME to take me to the airport, so I didn't care of my 180+ ADR says and my 60+ FP days reset. However a two day split will affect that last planned day in regards to ADRs and FPs.

Does anyone have official word on this policy?

Must be specifically with runDisney packages. I've never used one of those packages but I'm not surprised they created new minimum requirements.

You could book the first part of your stay through runDisney if you really wanted and then book that one night at GF separately. I don't think rooms will be sold out or anything for you to worry about that.

runDisney gave me a really good price on my room, which is why I booked through them. I think, when I inquired about a GF room before, they gave me a price about $200 less than the main reservation number for one night, but I didn't jump on it as I didn't have the money for a quick deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter