Got the Ok from DH to buy a small resale!

LadyTrampScamp&Angel

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

I'm so excited! Finally, DH has agreed to start with a small resale - whoo hoo! Have to start small because DH has not agreed to financing a DVC purchase, we're going to pay cash - but I've waited a long time to join DVC so it works for me!

Right now I have about $5k max to spend and I'm interested in the three small DVC resorts, BWV, BCV and especially VWL. I've let Jamie at The Timeshare Store know what I'm looking for and at two other resale offices. I'd even take a contract at HHI because we live only a few hours from there. Have stayed there on cash already and really loved it.

My problem is that many of the small contracts seem stripped of points and I don't want to wait a year or two to go home for the first time! Is it too much to hope for, to get a small contract with the current points intact (and I can dream of banked points too)? I'd rather have a WDW resort, I tried to buy a HHI yesterday for 50 pts with 50 banked but Jamie said it sold within an hour! Guess I'll have to be really fast!

Do y'all have any tips/advice for me? Do I just need to be patient and again lightening fast?! Can you recommend any other good resellers?

Thanks, had to share my excitement with people who would understand :cool1: :yay: :thumbsup2

I would contact some of the other DVC resale brokers like Jaki at atimeshare. Having several set of eyes looking for you may increase your chance of success. When I bought my contract I had contact both TSS and atimeshare to be put on their list. Both sets of people were wonderful to work with. A contract just happened to show up with Jaki first.

I would continue to look at the companies website. You may find something that will work but wasn't exactly what you had told them to let you know about. That happened in my case I had told them about 50 points. I ended up finding a 60 point on the website that I purchased.

Finally, as you've already seen, be prepared to move immediately. Small resales can sell very quickly.

Goodluck

Finally, as you've already seen, be prepared to move immediately. Small resales can sell very quickly.

Yes, learned that right away! I guess since there's so much demand there's no negotiating room on price? It seems if I didn't pay what was asked there would be someone else that would.

I am in contact with **** at atimeshare.com and got on the list at the other of the big three sellers. I so wanted some points for this summer (I'd be flexible so hoping to get a last minute ressie) but I guess we'll see. Hoping that pixie dust will work!

That's a good idea to check the resales myself too. It's had to tell someone every scenario that would work for us.

You don't have any time at all to negotiate small contracts. They go so quickly. When we bought our one small resale several years ago, I heard the other agents on the phone with their clients while my agent was asking me if I wanted it. When I said yes, she hollered out to the others that it was sold.

You don't have any time at all to negotiate small contracts. They go so quickly. When we bought our one small resale several years ago, I heard the other agents on the phone with their clients while my agent was asking me if I wanted it. When I said yes, she hollered out to the others that it was sold.

OMG :eek: I kinda figured, oh well.

I'll be hitting reply to any email she sends me with something I want and dialing the phone at the same time!

I'm just going to reiterate what the others said about small contracts....they go fast!! So when you find one that works, you should grab it!! I would also recommend that you watch the ROFR Thread in the Operations folder, this will give you an idea of the going rate at any resort, just so you'll know when the time comes whether you are up to paying slightly above market.

Finally, I noticed an OKW 60 pt contract at TTS, which was probably just a little over budget (or maybe your could negotiate...). There was a 25 pt OWK which you could try and get....and if you were successful...you could use the balance to buy a small add-on at SSR as long as you had enough $$ to buy 25 pts. (And the add-on from Disney should come with points).

Congrats and good luck!!

Hi Amy5000,

Thanks, I do need to check out that ROFR thread. And thanks for checking out the resales. I think I'm going to try for one of the small resorts (BCV, BWV or VWL) first, then I'll be interested in adding on at AKV later. We loved our stay at the AKL! I'm going to give it a little time and see if one of those pop up.

I appreciate your effort :)

Hi Amy5000,

Thanks, I do need to check out that ROFR thread. And thanks for checking out the resales. I think I'm going to try for one of the small resorts (BCV, BWV or VWL) first, then I'll be interested in adding on at AKV later. We loved our stay at the AKL! I'm going to give it a little time and see if one of those pop up.

I appreciate your effort :)

Right now there is a 50 point VB contract for $3750.00 if you wouldn't mind that , thats at "dvc by resale.com" Other small contracts with points seem to be " already sold "

We started about 4 years ago with a 100 point resale. After our first trip home DH said we could get another 35. We are going next Sunday and (with banking and a little borrowing - getting a 2 bedroom). He said I could call them (which I did yesterday and just bought another 50 points. We now have 185 - but because we are also getting this year's 50 points we will have 225 next year (maybe another 2 bedroom????)

Thanks Boston5602, it's nice of you guys to look for resales for me :) I'm trying to adhere to the "buy where you want to stay" advice. So for now still looking at VWL, BCV, BWV and HHI. We live within easy driving distanct of HHI so I added it to me list, even though I really want a WDW DVC resort.

starwood - good job! I'm hoping my DH will like DVC so much that he'll let me keep adding points too - so I aspire to be like you :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter