• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GOTG christmas songs

bjcaed

Mouseketeer
Anyone know what the date is for the Christmas songs on Guardians to begin??
Can't wait

I read it was “likely” November 11, when “holiday season” officially launches at WDW.

Song singular. Yes it will be a mashup of a variety of Xmas songs but there will only be one song on offer instead of the current six.

There has been no official date announced, speculation as PP mentions is 11/11.

i have not been at all yet , so I don’t want to have the video spoil the ride for me, but is the whole ride changed or just the song?

We arrived on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Got to ride Gotg twice on Thursday with original music and then yesterday with holiday song. The holiday song is meh...glad to have experienced 2 of the original songs.
It's an amazing ride either way, but original tracks are definitely better.

As one who thinks Guardians is the best ride at Disney World with the original songs, put me in the
👎
column.

I am not a fan of the Christmas song (not a grinch, I love the Christmas overlay at SM, and the holiday in general at the parks). The Run Rocket Run song really brings down the ride, yes the coaster is still great but boy that song really takes away from the fun vibe of the ride and the theming, even thought it is about Rocket. Never thought they could make me wish for Conga :) instead.

Also a random observation, I also don't think it is synced to the ride as well, some in our party got a little motion sickness when that song as opposed to none when they rode it at other times.

Personally not going to rid again till it flips black to the original six. I rode with a first timer and it was the first time someone reacted with a 'meh' after riding it the first time. With the original songs I would/could ride it every day, with this song a BIG pass. I can use my 7AM for other things for the next trip this month.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter