GoTG Cosmic Rewind seating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it will be discussed, but I wanted to put out a request to whomever on this board rides first whether it be cast, media, passholder, etc to PLEASE bring back info on the seat sizes, constraints, if there are seats that are more accessible for mobility issues, etc, etc, etc. We have a passholder preview set but not until the 19th of May so I won't be any help. Thank you ahead of time.

I have heard from my relative who did the cast member preview. There is not a wheelchair accessible vehicle. There is a transfer accessible vehicle whose door opens out, similar to what is on Slinky Dog or Rise of the Resistance. You will be able to bring a wheelchair all the way up to the ride vehicle. The ride car is set up as two rows each having two seats. The seats are a good size. If you are okay with Slinky Dog, these are slightly roomier.

I have heard from my relative who did the cast member preview. There is not a wheelchair accessible vehicle. There is a transfer accessible vehicle whose door opens out, similar to what is on Slinky Dog or Rise of the Resistance. You will be able to bring a wheelchair all the way up to the ride vehicle. The ride car is set up as two rows each having two seats. The seats are a good size. If you are okay with Slinky Dog, these are slightly roomier.
Awesome. Slinky is my favorite. Just enough leg room to be comfy for me.

The seat doesn't have a saddlehorn, does it? Is it similar to Slinky? Also is the restraint similar? Individual lap bar you pull down?

I'm really hoping I'll be able to ride this one. I know Tron will be a no go. The seating is too awkward like Pandora.

Videos of the TAV (transfer accessible vehicle) have been online from near the beginning and included in every or almost every promo. Since I don’t remember this ever happening before, I’m guessing it was done as part of their new commitment to diversity and inclusion.

5E6D325F-8109-4C1A-A1DB-8D3FCEC5688D.jpeg

FCB5AA69-13D3-420F-A227-DC86DD4AB255.jpeg

C7CFDFF8-96A9-4816-B625-666B3DF0BB59.jpeg

D376A6D5-91A6-4ACF-8276-936D19843627.jpeg

Video link to good close up views of a regular ride vehicle and discussion with an Imagineer…

Another video of close up views by media…

TAV door is on both sides in a 2019 video…possibly indicating load and unload are on different sides…or something else.

871A013E-AA0F-4F2B-9DC6-6E2A1AEC1778.png

Looks like the loading area has lots of room so there isn’t an issue of the doors closing on disabled guests who take extra time to load (problem for me in the past).

93C60224-4E09-45CB-985C-F0E0705B44BF.jpeg

Mouseplanet has a video up on Facebook showing the accessible vehicle. It's got a swing away door on the back row. There is one on both sides so you can board from whatever platform the vehicle is at. It looks like a reasonable height for a transfer but might be a bit low. I'm not sure where I would grab while transferring but I think it's doable. Plus it's so much better than Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad.

It looks like the seats are reasonably higher than the floor... suppose I'll find out when I get there! I won't be gutted if I can't ride it, but I'm still hoping. I have different transferring issues than I think most people do, if I sit somewhere that my butt is isn't considerably higher than my feet I won't be able to get back up. I can't even use a normal toilet because of that; my knees don't bend much. Sadly half the fun rides at WDW you're in a ride vehicle where you're basically sitting on the floor with your knees up against your chin like Space and Splash.

Awesome. Slinky is my favorite. Just enough leg room to be comfy for me.

The seat doesn't have a saddlehorn, does it? Is it similar to Slinky? Also is the restraint similar? Individual lap bar you pull down?

I'm really hoping I'll be able to ride this one. I know Tron will be a no go. The seating is too awkward like Pandora.
We rode on May 10
It does have a saddle horn, but it’s not uncomfortable. There are 2 seats per row and each seat has its own lap bar with integrated grab areas.
I’m a size 10, tall female and felt it was comfortable and secure. The person directly in front of me was a thin child who just met the height requirement. His dad was sitting with him and mom was in my row. Both said they felt he was very secure.

Big Fat Panda reported he felt the seat and lap bar were very comfortable and he is definitely Pooh-sized.
Video link to good close up views of a regular ride vehicle and discussion with an Imagineer…

Another video of close up views by media…

TAV door is on both sides in a 2019 video…possibly indicating load and unload are on different sides…or something else.

View attachment 664735

Looks like the loading area has lots of room so there isn’t an issue of the doors closing on disabled guests who take extra time to load (problem for me in the past).

View attachment 664736
Boarding is on one side and unload is on the other side. My track boarding from the right side of the car and unloaded from the left.

The boarding area was pretty open and ride cars have no doors (except for the extra portion on the TAV ride vehicle). An entire train is loaded and dispatched at once after the CMs check that all restraints are secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter