GOTG intensity

I rode it again today and don't think it's intense at all. It's just plain FUN.

There have always been lots of little kids riding it each time I've been on it and I won't hesitate to take mine once he's tall enough (age 3/4).

The 6 year old in front of me did not like it (she came off crying a bit, pale) and I had a weird sensation like I was going to black out, which only happens on the backwards part of EE. Saw a few older kids who seemed to love it, so YMMV.

I managed to raise coaster kids. They get scared/spooked easily (read Ursula the sea witch), but can handle “physical” rides. If yours are not intimidated by the smaller coasters, then go for it as it is the BEST. If they’re not doing do well on Barnstormer, well……

I've been on Guardians twice this week and thought Everest and Rock n Roller Coaster were more intense. If you handle those 2, you can handle Guardians.

So, I love Everest and RNRC. My first time riding GOTG didn't go well for me. I have to scream when my stomach gets queasy and I probably ruined the ride for everyone else, I definitely ruined it for my husband! lol We were put in the last row (10) and it spinned and whipped more than I thought it would. I was expecting a coaster more like 7DMT. We had already payed for $LL so I did give it another try and it was much better for me in row 3. I don't know if it's that much of a difference, but from now on, I'll only ride it sitting towards the front.

So, I love Everest and RNRC. My first time riding GOTG didn't go well for me. I have to scream when my stomach gets queasy and I probably ruined the ride for everyone else, I definitely ruined it for my husband! lol We were put in the last row (10) and it spinned and whipped more than I thought it would. I was expecting a coaster more like 7DMT. We had already payed for $LL so I did give it another try and it was much better for me in row 3. I don't know if it's that much of a difference, but from now on, I'll only ride it sitting towards the front.
I had the same exact experience last week. Down to the fact that I got queasy and I also have to scream, lol. I knew toward the end when I couldn’t scream anymore because I was afraid to open my mouth, that wasn’t good, haha. That first ride was also in row 10. We rode twice more a couple days later in row 2 each time and I loved it! I wonder if row 10 is really that much different?

I loved it. I appreciate attractions that are this well done. Howwwweevvvvvver - 9 y.o. G-baby girl (Loves BTMRR, 7DMT, SDD, Rise)..... came out of this one sobbing. Not sure what happened because she's normally okay with fast, spinning, intense visuals, etc. But this one was a NO for her.

I am super sensitive to screens and motion so I would love to know if you all think a certain row of the ride would cut down on the intensity. I know to avoid following the screens, but I'm sure I would feel a bit off anyway.

I hate to avoid this new ride if really there are some good tricks.

I have no issue with regular coasters. Everest, BTMR, 7DMT, Slinky, etc. All fine.

We seek out the most g-forces and spin, so I am not sure which part is more or less intense from a screen/motion standpoint. We did see some families requesting the front, but we never asked them why.

I am super sensitive to screens and motion so I would love to know if you all think a certain row of the ride would cut down on the intensity. I know to avoid following the screens, but I'm sure I would feel a bit off anyway.

I have no issue with regular coasters. Everest, BTMR, 7DMT, Slinky, etc. All fine.
I’m fine on even big coasters and this bothered me riding it the first time. We were in row 10 and I tried to follow the track but there was a lot going on. The next two times we got row 2 and I closed my eyes the entire time and just listened to the music and loved it!

I went on this twice last week and didn't find it nearly as intense as expected after all my reading here. My son and brother rode it four times over the course of the week and my son's 10yo and 7yo friends also rode with them once and were all fine. I found it much easier to ride than Space Mountain and I won't even get on Expedition Everest again (ever).

I went on this twice last week and didn't find it nearly as intense as expected after all my reading here. My son and brother rode it four times over the course of the week and my son's 10yo and 7yo friends also rode with them once and were all fine. I found it much easier to ride than Space Mountain and I won't even get on Expedition Everest again (ever).

That said I told my 75yo mother not to ride it since she finds SDMT to be scary.

I am sensitive ONLY to spinning and rotation so this is what I am great at.

Sit in the front row of the vehicle and watch the track NOT THE SCREENS. Follow the track with your eyes and look at the screens only in passing glances. They are designed to be environmental so you still get the experience without having to watch them.

My four year old rode it. We didn’t realize how intense it was and thought it would be more like Seven Dwarves or Big Thunder which he loves. He came off of it a bit shellshocked. But basically intact and not crying. Didn’t want to do it a second time though.
Same exact situation with our four year old. I will say she really didn't like the dark spaces/preshow either.

I think it really depends on the row. Row 10 is way more intense than the middle or front rows. The force of the Gs was a bit much for me in row 10, but I also rode center and then the very front on other occasions and found those to be a lot of fun. I also found the last rotating/curved section (don't want to put in spoilers) made me a little queasy in row 10, but not at all in the other center and front rows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter