Votes: 326 61.0%
  • Mild nausea

Votes: 137 25.7%
  • GotG was a vomit comet for me

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Bad nausea

Votes: 62 11.6%

• Total voters
Does anyone have any experience with Bonine or Dramamine? I want to take one of these, but I don't want to be zombie-like.
Bonine is the best! No side-effects for me at all. If I don’t take it, I can’t even ride the monorail. I was not queasy at all my DVC preview ride, but I did feel a little light- headed for a few minutes after I exited the ride. And generic Bonine works just as well too. In my family, everyone gets motion sick so we buy the generic in big bottles.

I was the sickest I have ever been on a ride before, but I did not puke. That said, I have a high threshold for actually vomiting - I might have felt better if I had. That being said, I am so glad I rode it once - just to experience it. :)

Ever since having kids I’ve had a harder and harder time with motion rides. Especially things enhanced with screens - FOP at AK makes me queasy, as does Everest, Rockin Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Bug Thunder, Space Mountain. But, I’ll usually still ride Tower and just plan on taking it easy. The others I could also ride and just take it easy after, but I don’t care enough to do that. I’m happy to sit out.

So, I got on Cosmic Rewind a bit nervous. The smooth coaster, with the spin, and the screens did me in. I closed my eyes the last 30 seconds and did deep breathing. I was done for the day after that. I think I probably had an abnormal reaction. I’ve started some new meds that can make me feel nausiated, and I didn’t eat beforehand and probably should have had a light snack first. I still think it’s a great ride - so glad I experienced it once!

I checked mild nausea. I rode during the AP preview. It was AMAZING! We stalled and then the music stopped. The party I was with were riding a 2nd time because their ride stalled and the music stopped, so they were told they could ride it again. I got excited, because I figured I would be able to go right back on. When I got off the ride, my stomach was telling me "No thank you, we're good." I wasn't really nauseous. Just a queasy stomach. I think if I had got right back on, it would have been game over.

That being said..I can't wait to ride it again next week!!!

I rode it Memorial Day! Our BG was called shortly after eating a large meal and I had heartburn, so I was a bit worried. I wore my Sea Bands. And surprisingly, I was perfectly fine. I could not follow the storyline. I found myself looking at the tracks more than the screens. I was really worried about spinning. I don’t do well with spinning. I think the “spinning” movement misleading as it was more of a rotation. I find Ratatouille to be more upsetting to my stomach than Guardians.

Hopping next time I ride, I’ll be able to follow the storyline.

The flashing lights in the preshow, gave me a headache, had to look down at the floor and close my eyes. Probably not the best for anyone who is photosensitive to lights.

Ok so I've read through a lot of pages and although I'm still planning on riding this, I am curious about my type of motion sickness. I love thrill rides. Coasters, ToT, anything like that I am on board and absolutely love. But I cannot ride things that spin a bunch really fast and staring at a screen while the vehicle is standing still makes me super sick (I don't get nauseous, just really dizzy and head feels off). So Soarin', FOP, Star tours etc, those are the rides that do me in because I'm not moving. I also can ride Forbidden Journey, but have to close my eyes during the screen parts lol.

So since I'm reading that the GoTG ride vehicle is more of a rotation rather than a constant spinning, and you are constantly moving throughout the parts with screens, I suspect I will be ok on this ride. Does anyone else have similar motion sickness that has ridden it? Can you confirm if the ride is constantly moving during these parts? The screens and spinning make me the most nervous...

To me, Guardians seems closer to a mix of Spiderman (at Islands of adventure) and Gringotts, both of which I can ride multiple times and love. But I'm looking to see if those people who have problems with screens and spinning (not coaster motion) can ride this. Thanks!

Ok so I've read through a lot of pages and although I'm still planning on riding this, I am curious about my type of motion sickness. I love thrill rides. Coasters, ToT, anything like that I am on board and absolutely love. But I cannot ride things that spin a bunch really fast and staring at a screen while the vehicle is standing still makes me super sick (I don't get nauseous, just really dizzy and head feels off). So Soarin', FOP, Star tours etc, those are the rides that do me in because I'm not moving. I also can ride Forbidden Journey, but have to close my eyes during the screen parts lol.

So since I'm reading that the GoTG ride vehicle is more of a rotation rather than a constant spinning, and you are constantly moving throughout the parts with screens, I suspect I will be ok on this ride. Does anyone else have similar motion sickness that has ridden it? Can you confirm if the ride is constantly moving during these parts? The screens and spinning make me the most nervous...

To me, Guardians seems closer to a mix of Spiderman (at Islands of adventure) and Gringotts, both of which I can ride multiple times and love. But I'm looking to see if those people who have problems with screens and spinning (not coaster motion) can ride this. Thanks!
I sent you a pm.

Everyone should try - especially since there seems to be no pattern of who feels ill.

I ride Coasters, ToT, Soarin', FOP, Star Tours, Spiderman, Gringotts and am absolutely not bothered by any of them.

Forbidden Journey (gave a couple tries) is a NO GO. I have tried closing my eyes and it was better but not worth the hassle if I'm not watching and maybe still woozy.

Guardians is nothing like Spiderman or Gringotts. Gringotts pretty much stops at the screens and moves slowly so there is no competing balance. Spiderman doesn't spin at screens but between sets so again, no competing balance.

Guardians spins, banks, up & down with screens that compete. Once it was getting to me I couldn't close my eyes (I tried a few seconds) because the car was spinning. I haven't been this impacted since Mission, which I never rode again. I really want to try again but will approach with days of meds prior.

NOTE: I've been checking in almost daily at this poll and see that the number of those feeling some level of illness has increased enough to drop the non-sick number 10% since I rode.

After reading all of this, I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to ride it when we go on our trip in October!

Rode it twice this past weekend...the first time, it got to my back more than anything. Another rider on my train mentioned the same, affecting the back. Nothing severe though.

Second time, I ensured I felt sufficiently pushed back in the seat--the seats are quite good IMO. During the ride, I did all I could to stay staring straight ahead and not let eyes or head wander, and still took in all the great visuals. The ride is smooth enough that at least for me, my head wasn't rattled so keeping it in line with the rest of my body and path of the coaster was easy. I enjoyed every second of both my rides.

I haven't been this impacted since Mission, which I never rode again. I really want to try again but will approach with days of meds prior.
Ugh, see this scares me. I rode mission (the orange side) many years ago and our whole day was ruined because our heads felt "off." It was awful. I'll definitely be giving guardians a try if I can get a VQ (as I live offsite), but I will for sure be taking my medicine beforehand and hoping for the best! Thanks for the response.

Another question: do people feel it's better to ride motion sickness inducing rides on an empty stomach or with food in their bellies? I always thought it was the latter but some of the replies here are making me question that...

I wanted to share my experience on GotG. I was an avid roller coaster enthusiast earlier in life, but started to get motion sick in my 30s. I am now 47 but have a 10 year old who loves all the rides. We were in Disneyland earlier this year and I could hardly bear it, almost losing it on ToT, Incredicoaster, and surprisingly TSM, even while using Bonine for the trip. My son is a huge Marvel fan and we were going to Universal and Disney. In researching these boards, I saw people recommend Relief bands. I ordered one, as I was willing to try anything. I was very nervous about riding GotG based upon the early reports, but the Relief band was a complete life-saver. I rode GotG on Saturday and did not have a single issue, as I felt perfectly fine when I got off. I rode all the rides at both parks all week with my Relief band with no issues. Many of the same rides that caused issues in February at Disneyland on Bonine were no problem with the Relief band. I don't want to sound like a paid commercial for a product, but I wanted to share my experience in hopes of helping someone else. I believe it was truly a life saver and allowed me to enjoy the rides with my son.

Ugh, see this scares me. I rode mission (the orange side) many years ago and our whole day was ruined because our heads felt "off." It was awful. I'll definitely be giving guardians a try if I can get a VQ (as I live offsite), but I will for sure be taking my medicine beforehand and hoping for the best! Thanks for the response.

Another question: do people feel it's better to ride motion sickness inducing rides on an empty stomach or with food in their bellies? I always thought it was the latter but some of the replies here are making me question that...
Yeah Mission ruined my entire day. This only made me sick for a few hours. I had a coke and a few peppermints after.

We got a very early return time. It said 180 minutes and we figured we'd ride around 10-11 am. But we arrived at park opening and we were called right away. We headed straight there. We opted to not eat anything big and grabbed something afterwards. We took the meds as soon as we woke up and had seabands. I think the seabands kept it from being worse. Next time I'm taking the meds for 48 hours before. :scared:

We were offsite.

Yeah Mission ruined my entire day. This only made me sick for a few hours. I had a coke and a few peppermints after.

We got a very early return time. It said 180 minutes and we figured we'd ride around 10-11 am. But we arrived at park opening and we were called right away. We headed straight there. We opted to not eat anything big and grabbed something afterwards. We took the meds as soon as we woke up and had seabands. I think the seabands kept it from being worse. Next time I'm taking the meds for 48 hours before. :scared:

We were offsite.
Our return time ended up an hour earlier than their estimated time.

Hi.

Is this ride a spinner like the one they use to have in AK or is it more like Buzz that moves even if you don't move it yourself?
Thank you.

Hi.

Is this ride a spinner like the one they use to have in AK or is it more like Buzz that moves even if you don't move it yourself?
Thank you.
To me, the rotation is more like Journey Into imagination where it rotates into the scene. ETA: But at coaster speed.

I wanted to share my experience on GotG. I was an avid roller coaster enthusiast earlier in life, but started to get motion sick in my 30s. I am now 47 but have a 10 year old who loves all the rides. We were in Disneyland earlier this year and I could hardly bear it, almost losing it on ToT, Incredicoaster, and surprisingly TSM, even while using Bonine for the trip. My son is a huge Marvel fan and we were going to Universal and Disney. In researching these boards, I saw people recommend Relief bands. I ordered one, as I was willing to try anything. I was very nervous about riding GotG based upon the early reports, but the Relief band was a complete life-saver. I rode GotG on Saturday and did not have a single issue, as I felt perfectly fine when I got off. I rode all the rides at both parks all week with my Relief band with no issues. Many of the same rides that caused issues in February at Disneyland on Bonine were no problem with the Relief band. I don't want to sound like a paid commercial for a product, but I wanted to share my experience in hopes of helping someone else. I believe it was truly a life saver and allowed me to enjoy the rides with my son.
Can I ask which relief band you got? I looked on Amazon and there seem to be many different ones in varying price ranges. I'm so glad to hear it worked for you! Hoping one might help my son-in-law. Thanks!

It sounds like my son is going to love it... and I'll have to find a way to encourage him to ride without me :D I will try it once but I have a harder time on coasters and he loves them. Space, EE & RnR are his favourite rides. I can do those once or twice and then he goes in single rider or I walk with him and "chicken out".

I had never thought to try meclazine daily though, I take it when we cruise and it works well for me there, so this makes sense.

How do you do with the patch and blurry vision? I LOVE how well the patch works but even if I wash my hands like a surgeon prepping for surgery and wear a round band aid over the patch, I STILL get very blurred near vision which makes all the time one needs to spend on their phone now very difficult.
My daughter uses the patch every time she flies (which is a lot). Her vision gets blurry sometimes but her doctor told her that blurry vision means she has had the patch on too long. Which makes sense because she sometimes keeps it on for days.
You might want to check with your doctor. If you get blurred vision soon after you put the patch on it might meant that your body is not tolerating the medication for some reason.
I don't think the blurry vision is normal. But I may be wrong.

My daughter uses the patch every time she flies (which is a lot). Her vision gets blurry sometimes but her doctor told her that blurry vision means she has had the patch on too long. Which makes sense because she sometimes keeps it on for days.
You might want to check with your doctor. If you get blurred vision soon after you put the patch on it might meant that your body is not tolerating the medication for some reason.
I don't think the blurry vision is normal. But I may be wrong.
You're supposed to change it every 3 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter