GOTG with neck issues

GotG is very smooth. However it really whips you around when it spins, kinda makes you struggle to keep your head upgright.
Oh woah. That was the exact info I was after as that’s the motion that can whack me. Thanks for posting.

And I second PPs on Daisy Conga! Darn part of that ride wrecks it for me 🙄

Just back - have both upper and lower neck/back issues and found Guardians one of the smoothest rollercoasters I've ever ridden on (even in back row). It's definitely an intense coaster but didn't bother my neck or back at all. Obviously - your definition of "minor" may not be the same as mine but this would be lower for me on neck/back issue concerns than any of the mountains IMO.

I wouldn't ride anything jerky or with rapid starts/stops if you have any medical condition this could impact.

I had a 2-level Cervical ADR for my C5-C7 vertebrae on March 10, 2022. I rode GotG at the end of August (just shy of my 6mo surgery date). My Ortho said it was ok. My biggest advice would also be to not “rubberneck” at the screens. Any soreness I had the next day’s could’ve been caused by roller coasters, walking 30,000 steps, poor pillows, etc and was gone with a few of my morning stretches. I also have been riding roller coasters for years with no discs apparently, so I’m probably a bad person to take advice from. Would I go on velocicoaster? No… even though I really want to. Would I go on GotG again? Absolutely.

I haven't been on Guardians but have had a neck surgery and haven't really had an issue with Disney rides especially newer rides are usually a lot smoother. I won't be avoiding Guardians on our next trip.

Last edited:
I have neck issues from a car wreck years ago and GOTG didn't bother me at all. It was very smooth and I never even thought about my neck.

I always have to laugh when I hear Guardians described as a smooth ride. When my husband and I rode it during passholder previews, the car jerked violently back and forth repeatedly. Our photo shows our hair blowing in the wind created by the jerking. I couldn't wait for it to be over. If you have neck issues I would avoid.
LOL. You couldn't even see the faces of the women in our launch photo - both of our hair was completely blown forward and covering our faces. It's pretty intense :)

I have neck issues, not requiring fusion, but I do pain abalations every 6 mo's, and quite a bit of pain due to shoulder posture issues from long work weeks at the office. Rode GotG last week on multiple days, up to 3x back to back to back last Thurs. and no aggravation. The ride is more intense than I was expecting (I was expecting the typical Disney ride), but it's smooth unlike the extreme opposite, Space Mt., which jerks you around suddenly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter