"Goth Day"

As a definitely non-Goth looking mom-type, I want to say that we love going to DL on Bat Day! We did it the first time by accident and decided it was a good time.

We get a kick people watching all of the non-goth types that had no clue what was up. The reactions are so mixed! Some of the amazing Disney tattoos that the goth crowd sports are pretty cool, too. It's even fun to see the goth couples that had kids - they range from standard Gymboree clothes to really cool goth outfits.

The benefit is that the park definitely seems a lot emptier and the rides have shorter lines - except the HM!

Nancy

:lmao: :rotfl2:

I do listen to goth/black/death metal- but no one would ever know it by the way I dress, and I have blonde hair and like to tan:lmao: I do have some piercings though.

I would stick out like a sore thumb in the goth group photo :rotfl:

LOL!! I met you back in Nov 2006 - at the Pirate tutorial - anyway, I would never have pegged you for Goth/death metal/ black metal. I'm a little blonde, no tattoos or piercing - I'd stick out too!

But then again - I'm a metalhead from the late 80's and I bet the other mom's at my DDs' dance school would be very surprised to see what is on my MP3 player!:rotfl2: No screaming stuff for me though - I hate when people do that screaming stuff!! Never liked it as a teen and I really hate it now. DS listens to that and I told him that I better not hear it - it makes me want to smash something:headache:

Kimba

LOL!! I met you back in Nov 2006 - at the Pirate tutorial - anyway, I would never have pegged you for Goth/death metal/ black metal. I'm a little blonde, no tattoos or piercing - I'd stick out too!

But then again - I'm a metalhead from the late 80's and I bet the other mom's at my DDs' dance school would be very surprised to see what is on my MP3 player!:rotfl2: No screaming stuff for me though - I hate when people do that screaming stuff!! Never liked it as a teen and I really hate it now. DS listens to that and I told him that I better not hear it - it makes me want to smash something:headache:

Kimba

No love for 80's Thrash then I suppose? Thats a shame but if you are into non-screaming clean vocals then you must love Iron Maiden, DIO, Judas Priest, and Power Metal of course...which are just as metal as the screaming stuff \m/ -_- \m/ ....I like all metal screaming and non-screaming alike...for me its like Disney I like the cute stuff and the darker stuff equally the same. :thumbsup2

I still think a Goth or Bats day at WDW would be awesome but it probably wouldn't work as well cause the humidity would really mess with the black hair dye and make-up. But like I said before every trip that I have made since 1998 I always wear my metal shirts and I never over heat :rockband:

Kimba

OMGGGGG!!!!!:banana: :cool1: :woohoo:

I was JUST thinking of you yesterday! I think I told you that I would forget your name :headache: But I still remember you!!!!

I am adding you to my buddy list only b/c that way I will remember your screen name!

Nice talking to you again. I usually spend most of my time over on the budget board (Freebies!:banana: )

..................yay!:yay:

BTW- I am not into screaming as much as some good ol' growling!:thumbsup2

We get a kick people watching all of the non-goth types that had no clue what was up. The reactions are so mixed!

Do you know what I think is funny- those non-goth types are walking around with fanny packs, knee socks and sun visors- :lmao:

YOU tell me who is funnier looking!:lmao: :rotfl2:

No love for 80's Thrash then I suppose? Thats a shame but if you are into non-screaming clean vocals then you must love Iron Maiden, DIO, Judas Priest, and Power Metal of course...which are just as metal as the screaming stuff \m/ -_- \m/ ....I like all metal screaming and non-screaming alike...for me its like Disney I like the cute stuff and the darker stuff equally the same. :thumbsup2 :rockband:

I love Iron Maiden and Dio! Also like Anthrax and the Cult and I like Extreme and Dokken - I like lots of different types. Some of the newer stuff - some Disturbed and Linkin Park - Thanks to DS! I've seen so many of those 80's bands in concert. I miss them!

If you did a Goth Day somewhere between Dec and March the humidity shouldn't be too bad in WDW.

OMGGGGG!!!!!:banana: :cool1: :woohoo:

I was JUST thinking of you yesterday! I think I told you that I would forget your name :headache: But I still remember you!!!!

I am adding you to my buddy list only b/c that way I will remember your screen name!

Nice talking to you again. I usually spend most of my time over on the budget board (Freebies!:banana: )

..................yay!:yay:

BTW- I am not into screaming as much as some good ol' growling!:thumbsup2

That's cool! Yep, you told me you'd probably forget, I keep a journal of every trip and wrote about our meeting. That's how I remember all the details. Otherwise...:confused3

I've been visiting the budget board more frequently lately...dang gas prices!!

Hey - where, approximately is Wonderland NJ located? I'm in south Jersey - Cumberland County.

Kimba

Hey - where, approximately is Wonderland NJ located? I'm in south Jersey - Cumberland County.

Kimba

:lmao: There is not place called Wonderland NJ, hee hee.
My metal location in Wonderland:rolleyes1 and my physical State is NJ.

I am from Marlton- South Jersey.

:lmao: There is not place called Wonderland NJ, hee hee.
My metal location in Wonderland:rolleyes1 and my physical State is NJ.

I am from Marlton- South Jersey.

Yeah, I know no "Wonderland" in NJ - should have put that in quotes! I'm familiar with Marlton. We need a south Jersey Dis Meet! - You can dress any way you like!!

Kimba

I love Iron Maiden and Dio! Also like Anthrax and the Cult and I like Extreme and Dokken - I like lots of different types. Some of the newer stuff - some Disturbed and Linkin Park - Thanks to DS! I've seen so many of those 80's bands in concert. I miss them!

If you did a Goth Day somewhere between Dec and March the humidity shouldn't be too bad in WDW.

Kimba

I saw Iron Maiden for the 8th time a couple of weeks ago in MA I had second row Dave Murray was literally 5 feet away from me it was awesome!!!!

Yeah December wouldn't be bad except for the whole Holiday crowd it would be too busy...but March would be a great time..Like I said in my OP I have never dressed "Goth" in my life but I always wear my Metal shirts which are all black all the time including when I am at WDW and the heat and humidity very rarely get to me...

I do think it would be cool to be part of Goth or Bats Day even if one isn't into dressing "Goth".....I am going to Mickey's Not SO scary Hallowen when I am down there in September maybe I'll dress "Goth" as my costume..that is if my DW will do the same :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter