Gotta be honest.... Not my best trip

I've only expressed grievances twice, and Disney has contacted me about them. They called me earlier today about my most recent experience. Last time I had to complain was 2014/15 and they made things right which resulted in a 9 night / 10 day stay at the resort which was an AMAZING TRIP. I let the person who contacted me this time know about the good, the bad, and the ugly. I highlighted it all. Praised where where praise was due. Criticized where criticism was due, and just laid it out. I don't think that spending $1400/day for 3 people gave me the experience of days gone bye.
What was the conversation today when they called you? Were you laying out your issues/kudos or were they calling to give you some feedback?

What was the conversation today when they called you? Were you laying out your issues/kudos or were they calling to give you some feedback?
I highlighted what i thought was good and what was lesser with specific dates and times.. VERY receptive to my concerns. Can't disclose renumeration but I'll be back...

Last edited:
I've only expressed grievances twice, and Disney has contacted me about them. They called me earlier today about my most recent experience. Last time I had to complain was 2014/15 and they made things right which resulted in a 9 night / 10 day stay at the resort which was an AMAZING TRIP. I let the person who contacted me this time know about the good, the bad, and the ugly. I highlighted it all. Praised where where praise was due. Criticized where criticism was due, and just laid it out. I don't think that spending $1400/day for 3 people gave me the experience of days gone bye.

Who did you contact? I used the email form from the website to express dissatisfaction with the Magic Key purchase fiasco. Crickets.

But I would like to have my grievances heard.

The 1pm park hopping restriction makes using genie + in the other park extremely difficult, unless you’re able to stay super late. We have a 6 year old, and she can hang pretty well, but we can’t rope drop and then stay at DCA until 10pm. We’re locals…. We were there Wednesday and Thursday this week and did a one night stay at the GCH. We took advantage of EE on Wednesday, and got a lot done. We left after lunch and enjoyed the hotel, then came back for the parade, which was at 5:15 due to filming, and went over to DCA and had a nice dinner at Wine Country. Then called it a night.

Thursday we did Genie + because it was busy, and my parents are in town and they really wanted to ride Soarin. We started at Disneyland, so to get on Soarin we had to do Genie. They were down to one theater so it was a mess, and the standby line was 95 minutes, even though the line was short, due to the LL standby ratio. One elderly gentleman was so upset… he couldn’t understand why he and his party were near the front, but had been in line for an hour. He was pretty angry and raised his voice at the cast members, and I can’t say I really blamed him.

I booked a LL for Soarin at 1pm and then as soon as we scanned booked another one for Guardians at 3. But that was it, because by 3pm my youngest was exhausted and we didn’t feel like hanging around until after 5 to book another genie plus because there wasn’t single ride with a return time within 2 hours. So we used Genie plus on a whopping 2 rides at DCA.

I absolutely detest the 1pm rule.

The 1pm park hopping restriction makes using genie + in the other park extremely difficult, unless you’re able to stay super late. We have a 6 year old, and she can hang pretty well, but we can’t rope drop and then stay at DCA until 10pm. We’re locals…. We were there Wednesday and Thursday this week and did a one night stay at the GCH. We took advantage of EE on Wednesday, and got a lot done. We left after lunch and enjoyed the hotel, then came back for the parade, which was at 5:15 due to filming, and went over to DCA and had a nice dinner at Wine Country. Then called it a night.

Thursday we did Genie + because it was busy, and my parents are in town and they really wanted to ride Soarin. We started at Disneyland, so to get on Soarin we had to do Genie. They were down to one theater so it was a mess, and the standby line was 95 minutes, even though the line was short, due to the LL standby ratio. One elderly gentleman was so upset… he couldn’t understand why he and his party were near the front, but had been in line for an hour. He was pretty angry and raised his voice at the cast members, and I can’t say I really blamed him.

I booked a LL for Soarin at 1pm and then as soon as we scanned booked another one for Guardians at 3. But that was it, because by 3pm my youngest was exhausted and we didn’t feel like hanging around until after 5 to book another genie plus because there wasn’t single ride with a return time within 2 hours. So we used Genie plus on a whopping 2 rides at DCA.

I absolutely detest the 1pm rule.
As a mom of little ones I totally agree. The park hopping rule is the worst. All the restrictions make things so incredibly difficult and then add in ride breakdowns and everything becomes a mess.

If Disney would just remove the fetters (park reservations, different reservation “buckets” and availabilities, choosing a starting park, not allowing park hopping until 1pm) guests could be far more flexible and have a much better chance at having a great day.

Who did you contact? I used the email form from the website to express dissatisfaction with the Magic Key purchase fiasco. Crickets.

But I would like to have my grievances heard.
They called me. I responded to the survey they sent me. I had very specific details of my experience.

As a mom of little ones I totally agree. The park hopping rule is the worst. All the restrictions make things so incredibly difficult and then add in ride breakdowns and everything becomes a mess.

If Disney would just remove the fetters (park reservations, different reservation “buckets” and availabilities, choosing a starting park, not allowing park hopping until 1pm) guests could be far more flexible and have a much better chance at having a great day.
THIS, THIS. THIS.

The ride breakdowns at DCA are the other problem…. That park already has less to do, and if you get multiple rides down simultaneously, it’s a mess. Especially if you have younger kids who are under 40” or won’t ride some of the big rides like Guardians. My kids will both ride everything, but we struggle to stay busy at DCA for five hours.

I’m so glad you took the time to voice your concerns thoroughly and so glad they called you back and seemed to take it seriously! That’s great; I hope they were professional

I’m so glad you took the time to voice your concerns thoroughly and so glad they called you back and seemed to take it seriously! That’s great; I hope they were professional
They were very much so and wanted to know everything about it. I expressed the good as much as the bad. I still had a good time, just not as good as my previous trips.

Ha I’ve filled out more surveys than I can count.

No survey for the Magic Key Purchase Attempt Debacle though.
I send a link to my TR/reviews when I do it. It helps them understand... Last time I had a complaint was either late 2014 or early 2015. They made it right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter