• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gotta make anew decision on buying direct

Hoppy-tn

Mouseketeer
Unfortunately Disney took the 200 point boardwalk contract my wife and I was trying to get through resale. We have a reservation made at animal kingdom for the week of may21 which has the moonlight event at Hollywood so we have decided to purchase our first ever contract direct so we can go to it and have the blue card for any future advantages and then try again to purchase a second boardwalk contract through resale. We want our first contract to be at a different resort and are considering old key because of the cheaper Cost per point.
we Like copper creek and would pay for the higher point cost but I am not sure if a studio would always be attainable at the 11 month window. anyone have thoughts or experience On a studio at copper creek at 11 month window or any other advice to consider? thanks for any help.

We were in the exact same position in January. DVC exercised their ROFR on a BCV contract we were buying resale. We ended up buying direct at the RIV before the price went up and with the current incentives. The tipping point in that direction was the 2070 expiration and the ability to use the points anywhere. We are now waiting on ROFR on a BWV resale contract.

CCV is very hard for studios if you want to travel from mid September to mid January.

The rest of the year is not quite as bad but can be tough.

So is there more people at the moonlight events than the very merry Christmas or boo bash events?

So is there more people at the moonlight events than the very merry Christmas or boo bash events?

They limit the number of tickets available and HS is a popular one. I would not buy just for Moonlight Magic because it won’t always match your travel plans and people have missed out in the past.

But, it is a nice extra when you can go!

Do you often go during the same time of the year? You might consider a fixed week in a studio so you’re guaranteed it - if going for a full week starting on Sunday sometimes works for you. Any (or every) year you can cancel it and use the points like normal. But there is a 10% buy in surcharge to get a fixed week.

We've been able to get a studio at CCV on both attempts. Once at the 11 month mark. Once after the 7 month mark via waitlist. It is a challenge, but doable. Of course one was during covid restrictions, so I'm not sure how that factors in.

I would say it really depends on trip length, we typically only do 2-3 night trips and were able to get studios at CCV 3 times in the past year, I have another studio booked for 2 nights in June 2022 so… hard but not imposible with shorter trips maybe?
(Note: CCV is not our home resort, these were all booked 1-7 months out)

If I were buying direct I would definitely buy CCV, it’s an amazing resort and the math works out when you consider maintaince fees and years left on contract, not to mention the point charts are reasonable.

Last edited:
I own at Copper Creek and was able to get a studio Dec 3-10 2022 without issue but I made sure to be online to reserve it right at 8am on the 11 month mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter