Gotta question for the guys

Tia1977

My Happy Place
We leave in 2wks for our 1st (blended) family trip. Hubs, me, & my (fairly new) 12yr stepdaughter. Us girls have really enjoyed our planning the past year, & no doubt we'll have tons of bonding while there. Hubs has stayed out of the loop. Kinda just along for the ride. What do you guys like to do/experience? Any suggestions knowing what you know now if it was your 1st trip? Any fave bonding things you enjoy with your tween daughters? With your wife? We'll be there 2wks & I want to ensure he enjoys it as much as us girls :-)

So I do not know how much this will help because my family is the opposite. 3 boys 1 girl. Father, Mother, Brother , and me. But My mom loves having alone time in our hotel room and shopping and stuff like that, so my dad, brother and I go on the fishing excursions a lot on WDW property. If he is into and enjoys fishing I would suggest checking those out.

Probably too late, but I made sure DH picked a lot of places to eat. I didn't want him to get princess overload. He made a few ADRs that I wouldn't have picked. We also spent a lot of time in World Showcase at his request. He loved doing Sorcerers of the MK with DD, too.

My DH enjoys a lot of World Showcase time. He likes sampling the beers and other drinks from around the world throughout our trip. He also loves to relax at the pool so I make sure to include a break everyday where we can hang out there. My older DD and I are a little more commando in our touring style, but I make sure we take a time out in the afternoon for him:beach: He did one of the fishing excursions a few years ago and really liked it, but it was when a friend of his happened to be at WDW the same time as us so they met up to do that. I also book a lot more TS meals than I would if it was only up to me because he likes to sit down and have a nice meal. I like that, too, but I would probably eat more CS so as not to waste park time. Again, commando:rotfl:

Thrill rides are always good. Lights, Motors, Action at HS is always a good show!! Food is always good with us guys!!

If your there in time why not treat him to a ride at the Richard Petty race track before it closes.
I go solo with my girls 4 and 8, but only one at a time, father/daughter time. But if I could I would love to do a round or two of golf, I enjoy it enough to go a round solo, but I am sure he could be paired upped.
Also check out the DD at night and hop into one of the clubs with live band that night.
Get him involved with the planning.

Last time I spent the better part of the morning and early afternoon with just my 6yo DD at MK. My profile pic was taken that day. We had a blast. When we got back to our cabin I told my wife that next time she had to have some alone time w her as it was a great bonding time.

Thank you guys so much! We looked into Richard Petty couple months ago. He was interested until he saw the price tag lol! So, our "splurge" is the AK Safari Trek instead (such a good daddy, she squeeled when we told her). He also looked into golf at my urging, but passed on that too. NOT everyday your wife begs you to spend $ on yourself. Hello!?! LOL
"Shove a pretzel in my one hand and a craft beer in the other and I'm happy with whatever's going on" -Are you related to my hubs by any chance? I ADORE that daddy/daughter profile pic! EXACTLY why I purchased Memory Maker! And LOVE the idea of sending them on a "date" in the park w/o me! Thank you so much!

Give them an EMH or Rope Drop morning to themselves. That's the best time I have with my daughter.

Other than that, it really depends what he likes. I really enjoy resort signature dining with the family. I like to sit down and enjoy a nice meal with some conversation. You should just find some thinks that he'll enjoy (mini-golf, real golf, water parks, night life?) and schedule some time for that.

Thank you! Those two park " date" scenarios were exactly what I was beginning to think about! And trust me, I've been probing him for an entire year on various things he might like; weirdest thing ever. I honestly think he really looks at WDW as a kids only place & won't mentally give it a real chance yet (and it's my mission he will once there) Couple that with his hate of crowds, uber cautious nature with strangers, & sometimes gruff demeanor (btw: if any LEO's read this, I'd welcome ANY feedback on how to relax about the crowds, leave " work" behind, & let yourself get into the magic)- it was a feet begging him into booking (; He prefers remote "quiet vacations. That's why 2wks & only a 6 days WP & More package; PLENTY "off" days to hide/relax in between.

I'm not sure if I am the right guy to answer this for you . . . I've NEVER been out of the loop in the planning stages, I AM the loop. If anything, DW is the one who stays out of the loop. I am a 100% certified Disney Freak :)

Things I really enjoy doing together with the wife, and DD . . . . photopass photos, Dinner at 'Ohana, LaNouba, Haunted Mansion with the wife (it's snuggle time :)

wow, your DH sounds exactly like me. It sounds like he's going to get exactly what he needs which is downtime away from the parks. After a few hours of crowds I have to "decompress". Sleep in, have late breakfast's, explore the other resorts. Hit some restaurants in DTD...."raglan road" hint hint, go to the water parks and relax. Since I started doing Disney the way I like to do Disney, I fell in love with Disney and done right he might too.

Couple of ideas 1 take him to POR for Piano Bob's show 2) stop in at Rose and Crown Pub a help there is get in right when it opens at 11:30 am then get a table right away and let him have a drink, then you'll have to wait till they serve food and have a plate of their fish and chips. You and DD can shop in England while he relaxes.

I'm with TomH I have done ALL the planning - My DW has next to no idea whats going to happen - Though I keep updating her - its largly going in one ear out the other - now when we get there - that may change ;)

Likewise our family friend whos coming with us - though shes relishing not having to organise.

SO were 50/5 3 adults 1 Male 2 Female 3 kids 2 Boys 1 Girl.

I've only really 'super' organised the first 5 days. even then I've left one morning & afternoon free

the last 9 days - its just blocked in - and i booked random fast passes for the things with long queues.

I like that you all want to send men to the UK as the place to relax!! We do like a beer or 8 :)

My husband loves to do the big bad rides, ok as big and bad as they get at Disney and spends the big bad rides with our daughter. He also loves to play games and so does she so they always ride together on TSM and Buzz Lightyear. He and I relax at night in the hot tub and he'll take time out of that to play with her at the pool. He is a big Disney fan so we all hang out together enjoying some dinners and people watching. Our next trip in 6 days and we will have dinner with the Star Wars characters and we are all excited to do this as we have never done this before.

Has he ever been? I'm the planner in the family but I'm a Disney freak. I pretty much enjoy it all. Love my beer at home but I can go all day at MK without even the thought of a beer (but give me a cinnamon roll before I go into withdrawals). I guess one thing I would like would be a little alone time. Not much but just enough to do exactly what I want and just be alone for a little (and I love family time but I'm very independent). Doesn't have to be fishing or drinking. I had a blast one year going to HS at about 11p for EMH when DW and DD were exhausted and going to bed.

My husband doesn't care about anything Disney-related, really. He's pretty much along for the ride because the one thing he does enjoy is seeing the rest of us enjoy ourselves. When he does express an opinion on something he likes and/or wants to do, I do go out of my way to make sure we do it, since he generally just follows us around doing what we want. Generally, though, I try to keep him stocked with coffee in the morning, adult beverages in the afternoon and evening, and snacks throughout the day and we're good to go. Oh, and he doesn't like "thrill" rides (like, ahem Splash Mountain...LOL) so I try not to give him any flack for that and let him sit them out without being harassed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter