GP Free dining!Date and Resort you want to book?

julluvsdisney

"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're f
I think with free dining coming out tomorrow everyone is panicked as to what resorts they will be able to choose from. I was wondering resort and date everyone is planning on booking? maybe we can get an idea what resort and dates are in higher demand based on what we are all hoping for.

We are going 11/19-11/27 hoping for a deluxe resot in the epcot area preferably a garden view room. :goodvibes

Good luck to everyone! I hope you all get what you want!!!:thumbsup2

We're hoping for CSR 11/16-11/24. *fingers crossed* I am SO nervous!!Come on tomorrow already. ;)

Riiiiiiight?????? I just want it to be tomorrow! I'm so anxious about the availability!!

Im sure u guys will be fine. I got in with DV FDing and was soooo nervous. I even changed my resort again over the weekend so there is availability still with DV so hopefully GP FDing will have more rooms released. :) dont panic. Im sure everyone will get what they want

We are APholders, so everything will depend on whether or not it'll be a good value for us after doing the math. It'll have to make sense to buy the tickets and just use them to renew our APs when they expire in January, plus pay for the room - assuming it's only a non-discounted rack rate, usually? (If they offer discounted rooms, too, then I'm VERY hopeful!) I'm excited to see what rooms/resorts are going to be available for FD, though.

Sandan77 We are looking at Beach or Yacht Club 8/5 - 8/8.

So I entered wrong dates above :-/

how about I try this....5-8 Sept :)

The free dining is your discount - if you want it, you'll pay rack rate on the room.

The only time I recall ever seeing discounted rooms on top of free dining was in some limited offer they made only for residents of Britain to stay at Saratoga Springs.

These resorts are excluded from the current offer:

Port Orleans (both FQ and Riverside)
Art of Animation (Little Mermaid standard rooms only - family suites are included)
All Star Movies
Grand Floridian villas (not the hotel - just the villas)
Fort Wilderness campsites (cabins are included)
All 3-bedroom villas

The free dining is your discount - if you want it, you'll pay rack rate on the room.

The only time I recall ever seeing discounted rooms on top of free dining was in some limited offer they made only for residents of Britain to stay at Saratoga Springs.

These resorts are excluded from the current offer:

Port Orleans (both FQ and Riverside)
Art of Animation (Little Mermaid standard rooms only - family suites are included)
All Star Movies
Grand Floridian villas (not the hotel - just the villas)
Fort Wilderness campsites (cabins are included)
All 3-bedroom villas

That's sort of what I expected, regarding the room discount vs. FD - thank you for the clarification. :goodvibes

I think with free dining coming out tomorrow everyone is panicked as to what resorts they will be able to choose from. I was wondering resort and date everyone is planning on booking? maybe we can get an idea what resort and dates are in higher demand based on what we are all hoping for.

We are going 11/19-11/27 hoping for a deluxe resot in the epcot area preferably a garden view room. :goodvibes

Good luck to everyone! I hope you all get what you want!!!:thumbsup2

I have NO idea...with POR excluded, our Fab 5 is in a bit of a dilemma, but I WILL book SOMETHING!!! :surfweb:

I have NO idea...with POR excluded, our Fab 5 is in a bit of a dilemma, but I WILL book SOMETHING!!! :surfweb:

It stirred things up for us as well! I'm glad we got a heads up though! At least we have some time to research!

I was booked at CSR in Standard View BC before FD was released. I just added it on no problem. No cost change and I didn't have to cancel and re-book either. :yay:

So I would book in advance and then add it on if you know where you want to stay. Will cut down on the mad rush tomorrow.

Currently booked at BWI but looking to switch to CR Garden room from 9/21-9/29. I HATE waiting! :scared:

Oct 26- nov 4, looking at Sports, CBR, or a mix of the two

Sept. 30th - Oct. 4th, CBR standard.

Second choice is CSR standard, but if both sell out I'll take the hit and upgrade to water view. Beyond that I'm priced out of Mods so I'll be looking at ASMusic, but wouldn't be thrilled because I hear the Food court will be under construction at that time.

I'm shooting for 11/19 - 11/27 at Pop. On the day it comes out does anyone know if they post it at midnight eastern or a random time on the day of?

I was booked at CSR in Standard View BC before FD was released. I just added it on no problem. No cost change and I didn't have to cancel and re-book either. :yay:

So I would book in advance and then add it on if you know where you want to stay. Will cut down on the mad rush tomorrow.

I always thought that would be a good plan, too. However, a Disney CM told me not to play it that way. He said there are a limited number of rooms at each resort that are set aside for promotions. Once that number is reached, there will not be others offered. In other words, the fact that you have a room booked at, say, CR, does not mean you can automatically get free dining. You have to specifically call and book the free dining before the number of allocated rooms is gone.

To me, it seems that contributes to the mad free dining rush. I wondered whether he was telling me the truth, or whether they just tell guests that to prevent pre-booking rooms specifically for the free dining offer.

What does everyone else think? Does pre-booking a room at a FD eligible resort guarantee you will get FD, as long as you book FD prior to the cutoff date ? Or do those already booked into FD resorts need to join those waiting on hold on the phone ?

I always thought that would be a good plan, too. However, a Disney CM told me not to play it that way. He said there are a limited number of rooms at each resort that are set aside for promotions. Once that number is reached, there will not be others offered. In other words, the fact that you have a room booked at, say, CR, does not mean you can automatically get free dining. You have to specifically call and book the free dining before the number of allocated rooms is gone. To me, it seems that contributes to the mad free dining rush. I wondered whether he was telling me the truth, or whether they just tell guests that to prevent pre-booking rooms specifically for the free dining offer. What does everyone else think? Does pre-booking a room at a FD eligible resort guarantee you will get FD, as long as you book FD prior to the cutoff date ? Or do those already booked into FD resorts need to join those waiting on hold on the phone ?

You are absolutely right. Pre-booking in advance does nothing to help you secure FD. You still wait in the queue with everyone else and are subject to the availability of FD like everyone else. In fact, pre booking can hurt you. Look at POR this year. So much was pre booked that it was excluded entirely. The same could be true for particular room categories. If a good percentage of standard rooms at WL, for instance, are prebooked, they may only offer woods views and courtyard views for the FD promo. Pre booking only makes sense if you absolutely want a particular resort/ room category and you will keep that reservation with or without a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter