Grad night question

Charade67

DIS Veteran
My family is planning a trip to Disneyland in June. I want to avoid grad nights. If I understand correctly, the grad night celebration takes place at California Adventure Park. I’m thinking we spend the day at Disneyland on a grad day and then go to California Adventure on a non grad day. Is this a good idea?
We are most likely only going to be there for 2 days and will probably not park hop.

This thread has a lot of information about Grad Nites: www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2298400. The ticket structure for GNs changed recently, and this has helped alleviate a lot of the crowding issues seen in past years. Now, not all grads get hoppers and not all grads have all day in the parks. The GN party itself takes place after park closing in DCA for the grads only, so it shouldn't make much difference which park you're in on which day. We have posters here who have said that they didn't even notice that they were in the parks on a GN day. The only thing that might make a difference is if you will be using FP/MP. Availability for those can be scarce in the afternoons and later on GN days, so do the FP rides early (mornings will be great!) and use SR lines, too, if you can.
For a June trip, I would be more concerned about the prospective opening dates for SWGE. Those crowds will beat anything to compare to GN.

Okay, just had a “well, duh” moment. I figured out SWGE. I see that a specific opening date has not been announced yet, just summer 2019. I’m just going to have to take my chances on that since I don’t have much flexibility for vacation days.

So If I understand this correctly, graduates have the opportunity to purchase tickets that will allow them access to one or both parks during the day and the party at night. California Adventure will close to the general public at 9:00 on grad nights for a graduate only party. As far as crowds are concerned, would it be better to try to completely avoid grad night days, or will it even make a difference?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter