• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grad Nights?

TheDoleWhipper

Long live the tiki gods!
Hello! I have a few questions about grad nights in DCA. We will encounter two of them (wednesday june 17th and friday june 19th) during our stay, so any info would be greatly appreciated!

So first of all, I read that the private grad parties were from 10 pm to 2 am. Would that mean that DCA would close at 10 pm on those nights, or would it close earlier to give the CMs time to empty out the regular park guests?

Also, is WOC usually shown twice to the regular guests on grad nights, or is it only once? In high-season, I am pretty sure that they show it twice a night, but maybe not if it is a grad night?

Are the grads more noticeable in DL or DCA during the day? We will be in DCA those days, but I am just curious how they would affect the crowds.

And finally, any tips in terms of dealing with the grad nights? Do they bring in substantial amounts of crowds, or is it barely noticeable?

Thanks for your advice! :)

So first of all, I read that the private grad parties were from 10 pm to 2 am. Would that mean that DCA would close at 10 pm on those nights, or would it close earlier to give the CMs time to empty out the regular park guests?
They will not close the park and clear people out. I am exactly sure how they handle this but suspect it is like any of the private parties DLR does such as Halloween. Others with first hand experience can and should jump in but I believe the special party attenders get a wrist band of some sort and only they are allowed to go on rides, etc. Others may hang out but can't do anything.

Also, is WOC usually shown twice to the regular guests on grad nights, or is it only once? In high-season, I am pretty sure that they show it twice a night, but maybe not if it is a grad night?
That is hard one because until last summer WOC showed twice a night during high season since its inception. Then for some reason went to once a night. My gut tells me with the 60th celebration in full force DLR will go back to twice a night in general.

Now with grad nights it is hard to say as the first (or only) WOC show is usually around 9PM. It has to be after dark and that time of year that is 8:30 or later. When there ws a second show it would usually happen at 10:15. But if DCA "closes" for regular guests at 10PM then I doubt there would be a second WOC show on those nights.

Are the grads more noticeable in DL or DCA during the day? We will be in DCA those days, but I am just curious how they would affect the crowds.

And finally, any tips in terms of dealing with the grad nights? Do they bring in substantial amounts of crowds, or is it barely noticeable?
I have heard both but maybe more so in DL. My advice for visiting on grad night days is given here:

"The Scoop on Grad Nights at DLR in May and June" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2298400

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter