Grammys

I liked seeing Joni Mitchell perform.

Loved it! Despite her health issues, she sounded great.

She was wonderful! So nice to see her sgsin. The setting for her and her accompanying musicians was great. By the end of her song, I had a few tears.
Full Joni Mitchell performance for those whom may have missed it. Not the best quality video, looks like maybe videoed off a TV, but good enough.

Oh brother. I donā€™t care who it is. It could be a janitor handing you a roll of toilet paper, but if someone is giving you something, you look them in the eyes and say thank you. She looked like a spoiled brat up on that stage.
I donā€™t consider myself a Swiftie, but I do admit that I like a lot of her music, think sheā€™s an excellent lyricist, & enjoy following the Travis + Taylor romcom.

But I absolutely agree & felt a lot of second-hand cringe & embarrassment for Taylor last night.

Celine Dion is an icon in her own right & a fellow female artist. Additionally, sheā€˜s been diagnosed w/ a disease thatā€™s, for the most part, ended her career. (I thinkā€¦ Iā€™m not sure since I donā€™t really follow Celine Dion.) In Celineā€™s speech before presenting the Grammy, she spoke of being grateful to even be at the ceremony & reminded everyone that being at the Grammys is a privilege & honor.

And, then, Taylor proceeds to snatch the Grammy & go on about all the people she needs to thank w/o even acknowledging the person who handed the Grammy to her.

I mean, even if she didnā€™t personally feel any particular way toward Celine, she still could & should have said something like, ā€œThank you so much, Celine. What a honor to be given this award from youā€¦ youā€˜ve helped pave the way for myelf & for other female artists in the music industry, & weā€™re here tonight because of you & the other women who have gone before us.ā€

Instead, Taylor spent her time raving about Lana Del Ray, who herself has said some pretty problematic things about fellow female artists (according to my daughter).

Anyway, I loved Tracy Chapmanā€™s & Luke Combsā€™ & Joni Mitchellā€™s performancesā€¦ made me teary.

Miley Cyrus is a hot mess, but thereā€™s something about her that I adore.

The ā€œIn Memoriamā€ section was okay - really liked Batisteā€™s & Fantasiaā€™s performances, but thought they could have singled out Jimmy Buffett much better.

And Jay-Z needed to step off the stage. Even his daughter thought so.

If I were BeyoncĆ©, Iā€™d be mortified.
But she seemed very accepting of what he said.
I guess she believes sheā€™s deserving too.
He's a loser and Beyonce can do better than him, but chooses to stay with him unfortunately.

I watched off and on, knew I could watch the highlights on YouTube. For me, Fast Car was everything. I absolutely loved that song and hearing Tracy sing it transported me back to 1988 in my bedroom listening to that song on a cassette tape. It was so unique and like nothing I had ever heard. Seeing Tracy perform that song after all those years gave me chills. She looked and sounded absolutely fantastic.

I never heard much about Luke Combs before I heard his rendition of the song on the radio a while back, but it quickly became a favorite of mine. I love how he took the song, put his spin on it, while maintaining the integrity of Tracy's version, and sort of "re-gifted" it to a younger generation. Outstanding.

I donā€™t consider myself a Swiftie, but I do admit that I like a lot of her music, think sheā€™s an excellent lyricist, & enjoy following the Travis + Taylor romcom.

But I absolutely agree & felt a lot of second-hand cringe & embarrassment for Taylor last night.

Celine Dion is an icon in her own right & a fellow female artist. Additionally, sheā€˜s been diagnosed w/ a disease thatā€™s, for the most part, ended her career. (I thinkā€¦ Iā€™m not sure since I donā€™t really follow Celine Dion.) In Celineā€™s speech before presenting the Grammy, she spoke of being grateful to even be at the ceremony & reminded everyone that being at the Grammys is a privilege & honor.

And, then, Taylor proceeds to snatch the Grammy & go on about all the people she needs to thank w/o even acknowledging the person who handed the Grammy to her.

I mean, even if she didnā€™t personally feel any particular way toward Celine, she still could & should have said something like, ā€œThank you so much, Celine. What a honor to be given this award from youā€¦ youā€˜ve helped pave the way for myelf & for other female artists in the music industry, & weā€™re here tonight because of you & the other women who have gone before us.ā€

Instead, Taylor spent her time raving about Lana Del Ray, who herself has said some pretty problematic things about fellow female artists (according to my daughter).

Anyway, I loved Tracy Chapmanā€™s & Luke Combsā€™ & Joni Mitchellā€™s performancesā€¦ made me teary.

The ā€œIn Memoriamā€ section was okay - really liked Batisteā€™s & Fantasiaā€™s performances, but thought they could have singled out Jimmy Buffett much better.

Same here-she puts the skank in skanky,but I can't help but like her.

After seeing Disney Channel Games Miley in 2007 at Disney World,I could not have imagined there would one day be Skanky Miley.lol

I love Lana Del Rey, but there was no good reason for Taylor to drag her up on stage like that. It seemed like kind of a snub to the other nominees.

Same, I am not a Swiftie, but have mad respect for her writing and story telling. Her shocked looks just made me roll my eyes, but maybe she feels awkward just acting like she was expecting to win.

Agree LOL !!!! She is so wild and crazy but something about her makes me laugh. When she yelled at the audience, "Come on why are you all acting like you don't know this song????" right in the middle of performing it I died. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Then she proceeded to do her leg tapping hip shimmy dance. Loved it. She is really coming into her own. I love her new song "Used to be Young."

Were Meryl Streepā€™s and Taylor Swiftā€™s ā€œlateā€ entrances scripted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter