• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Cali Booked - Disneyland Hotel on Points?

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I think I saw this mentioned awhile back, but wanted to check here for more info. I'm going to DL in early July, and the Grand Californian is booked solid (studios). I heard that you can use your points to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. Is this true? How does it work?

Yes, you can. I've done it a couple of times - both before VGC was built and also once after when I was making a last minute trip and of course VGC was booked.

You just call MS and they will check on availability. The rule of 4 does not apply to the DL hotels and they also don't have the $95 fee. The points will become reservation points so if you did have to cancel they could not be used for a DVC stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter